[BTS] Help on Winning Immortal Joao II Game: 4/6 Civs Vassaled

CGQ

Warlord
I decided to take a little break from the shadow game and play my own Immortal game for fun, this time with Joao II of Portugal. I think my improvements from the last two games are showing now, since I started a Cuir rush at 900 BC (the earliest I ever started one!). I had a lot of nice land too which helped a lot.

I have attached the 4000 BC save too if anyone wants to play the map. It's big_and_small no huts/events.

Spoiler Turn 221 1555 BC :

I have now vassaled all CIVs on my Continent and kicked Ramesses off. After taking Justy's capital, I took Ramy's capital and 2-3 other cities on his continent. Problem is he still has 15 cities and India has 16, all spread across multiple island chains (I picked Big_and_small Map settings, no huts/events.)

Is this my best game yet since I joined these forums? How much have I improved?

Ramy is spread across multiple island chains:

What do I do now? Should I make peace and just go for Space Race considering I have 30 cities and 2 extra capitals (Including Justy's holy city!)
or just go domination? What would be the fastest way to get the Calvary to those continents to take another 5-7 cities and get those last two Vassals (there's still Gandhi of course.). Is it worth it? What do I do from here?

Note: About 2-3 turns ago, I got a GS from Physics and a GM to start a gold age.

Attachments

• Immortal Carlos The Noble ALT II AD-1555.CivBeyondSwordSave
    390.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Immortal Carlos The Noble ALT II BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    37.1 KB · Views: 38
900BC?!

Trying to make WT look bad :lol:

Not bad at all..you are getting there. You could go either way here. Shame really not to just keep going with Ram and cap him, having prepared some ships in expectation. I might start throwing in some cannons and rifles too for landings. Gandhi would be easy cakes right now.

Few notes:

1) 3 happies and 1 health resource you could trade for..at least. You are still sitting there with cities in unhappiness and you need to manage that. Emancipation is starting to hurt you here. (With vassals I usually direct them away from Democracy as much as I can. You may be able to bribe them out of the civic. But at some point you may just have to adopt it if all your vassals are in it. Again though, be aware of these things and don't just sit there letting cities grow unhappy when there are things you can do to easily prevent it.

3) I don't like to see automated workers when there is a lot of improvement to manage. I see food specials not irrigated like even Lisbon. If you are going Space especially you need to manage these guys still.

Golden Age might be a good idea here.

Anyway, game is won one way or another .it's just how fast that is accomplished. State Prop is fine but Corps are usually particularly effective on this map.

Top Bottom