Help!, religious fanaticism in the real civi world...

Arro9

Chieftain
ATTENTION:
This thread was intended to change the church images from the init. menu,
as on Oct 07 2009, keep reading if you wish to change it as well, because
the problem was SOLVED. -thanks to Afforess- Cheers!

;)

Hello!
This is my last hope to solve a problem.
I understand this forum is full of talented Modders
and friends up-to date with programming.

I'm a fan of civ games... until last week that I bought
Beyond the Sword (the complete version)

Someone infiltrated my No. 1 game of all time with some
serious religious proselytizm...

Enough to say... the main menu!
A big catholic church for everyone no matter who.

(thankfully) I changed that from the options menu... but it keeps coming from
the init. screen... that means EVERYTIME I play...

Now, my question is:
It is not by going to
beyondthesword/assets/res/civIV-INIT

and replace it with the original one (from Civ IV)
because the BtS screen still pops out, everytime I start a game...
Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

And I'm not joking when I say this religious thing is a problem...
LOOK at this image. you'll find it in every copy of BtS owners
(it's in the same folder: beyondthesword/assets/res...)

Someone at Sid Meier's team wants the Whole WORLD
under his religion!!! NO, no room for freedom of choice!!!
Look carefully at the symbolism of this little image... Wow!

well...
things said, I just have to cheer everyone in here
for playing a really cool game!
And hope someone knows how to give a little help...
(BtW, a friend told me to use the blue marble add-on,
it's cool, but the problem was not solved...)

:goodjob:
Cheers!

I'm an atheist and I agree this is a problem. Could someone please tell us how to sove it?

I don't quite think that article is really a commentary on atheism as much as its a commentary on people who trot out being an atheist as the end of the argument. That said, I have no clue whether this thread is intended for a laugh or not.

I don't quite think that article is really a commentary on atheism as much as its a commentary on people who trot out being an atheist as the end of the argument. That said, I have no clue whether this thread is intended for a laugh or not.

The whole thing is pretty much a joke. The question is, who is it a joke on? :lol:

Anyway, this thread is probably not in the right area. General Discussion maybe, or OT?

Hello!,
Everyone...
:)

Let me say a word to each one of you.

CIV EDITOR11
-I'm very interested in modifying this screen,
if you know first, please let me know...

DOT
-Hopefully with a solution.. (fingers crossed)...

ZYPHYR
-Yep... and nothing happened...

AFFORESS
-It would be worst if it was an intended joke...
...offensive for both sides, I think...
And really good article, polemic, though... some may not agree... I do!!!

DOM PEDRO II
-Certainly not, this is a very serious thread and I am very interested in
having this exposed because some religious groups will stop for nothing
to achieve their goal of evangelizing the whole world in their faith...

AFFORESS
-On your 2nd. reply i must disagree:
"My wish is to CREATE a new screen, because i want to CUSTOMIZE a feature I still can't..."

Greetings to all and see you around!
;)

Are you trying to change the Init BTS screen, the first image you posted? I've changed mine to the Civ4 Original One. It involves hacking the .exe though, and a little know how.

You could also just choose the Vanilla or Warlords opening screen under Options. Then you don't have to look at the Italian dome. Of course this may not solve your problem, because the Vanilla menu has the Lord's Prayer as the background and Warlords has an Arabic song that may contain Islamic references.

Nevermind. I guess you're referring to the loading screen not the menu. I don't think that changes when you switch options. Sorry. Listen to these other people who might have more expertise.

Are you trying to change the Init BTS screen, the first image you posted? I've changed mine to the Civ4 Original One. It involves hacking the .exe though, and a little know how.

You did really?
:D
Wow!... is it too much "Know how" ???

Can you point me to the right direction my friend?
:king:

VRENIR
Hi!

I'm very happy to say I have the BtS's main menu with
this very cool animation of the Earth
turning from day to night,
and with the music of "Afterworld"
(sorry , I forgot the name but is the one which doesn't begin with a scream)

This gives a very cool Main menu with an "outerworldly" feeling to it...

...I just need to change the very first init. image...
...and I'll be a happy man!!!
And then I just can Die!
(hehe...)
:p

Here's what I did to change the Init screen.

Download PE Explorer 30 day trial

Install it.

Back up your Civ4BeyondSword.exe in case you screw it up.

Run PE Explorer, and open Civ4BeyondSword.exe in it.

Now, on the top icon bar in PE Explorer, select the four-colored diamond icon labeled "Resource Viewer/Editor"

Select the "+" by "Bitmap"

On BMP 127, right click, and select "Delete resource."

Now, Open another PE Explorer, again, leaving the BTS exe one in the background.

Open your original Civilization4.exe up in the new PE Explorer Window, Selecting the diamond icon again ("Resource Viewer/Editor") and Select the "+" sign next to bitmap.

This time, on BMP 109, right click on it and select "Save Resource As..." and save it somewhere you will remember, like your desktop.

Now close the Civilization4.exe PE Explorer windows and go back to your BTS exe window.

On BMP 109, right click and select "Edit resource" In the middle left area, select the folder icon labeled "open source file."

Navigate to wherever you saved the earlier BMP 109, and select it. Now select the OK button at the lower right corner. A message box will pop-up saying "Values have changed. Do you want to Proceed?" Select Yes.

Almost Done. Select File, Save and Overwrite the Old Civ4BeyondSword.exe with your modified version. Some more pop ups will appear, select yes for all of them.

Now, you're done. Load the game up and enjoy the Older Civ4 loading screen. Hopefully you got this far without any problems.

I'm an atheist too, but I don't see what's so offensive about it. Its just a background, it isn't a big deal.

As far as that article goes not every atheist acts that way or thinks that way, but its the same as a religious person who claims to have moral superiority. It goes with the territory, a religious person will (more often than not) assume they have better morals than an atheist person (a co-worker of mine named Jason literally told me this when he discovered I was an atheist, and there are other examples of this as well). On the same token an atheist, who at least BELIEVES they are more rational than a believer, will assume superiority in rationality over a believer. That's just what happens, it isn't a symptom of being an atheist as much as it is a broader symptom of the human condition. Having said that there is no reason for an atheist to believe she is smarter than a believer, just as there is no reason for a believer to claim she is morally superior to an atheist. But as I said above, I don't find the Catholic church in the opening menu of BtS to be offensive. Perhaps they could have used a different building, but I don't think the intent was to push a specific religion (Sid Meier is Jewish BTW), I figure they just thought it would make a good title menu image.

But you know, I think it is foolish to believe in talking snakes and burning bushes.

And I'm not joking when I say this religious thing is a problem...
LOOK at this image. you'll find it in every copy of BtS owners
(it's in the same folder: beyondthesword/assets/res...)

Someone at Sid Meier's team wants the Whole WORLD
under his religion!!! NO, no room for freedom of choice!!!
Look carefully at the symbolism of this little image... Wow!

I think that's just because of the Charlemagne scenario.

Perhaps they could have used a different building, but I don't think the intent was to push a specific religion (Sid Meier is Jewish BTW)
All the more reason why he needs to ingratiate himself with the Pope by including one of his buildings in the opening screen ;)

Anyway, I'm done posting in this thread. It's silly and is begging to be taken wildly astray from the only thing relevant to this forum, which is how to change the loading screen.

Hello again!

AFFORESS
:goodjob:

What else can I say... THANKS a lot!!!
However that's a lot of new stuff for me...
I downloaded the program and printed your directions.
...maybe next week i'll post how it went.
Cheers!, and have a great weekend!!!
:D

THE CAPO
I'm not talking offensive as a whole... but just, in this particular case...
it's a church as the main menu of a VIDEO GAME!!!
call me paranoid but THAT is NOT funny.:badcomp:

And the little image is not in the Charlemagne scenario,
it's in the "Assets" folder of -Beyond the Sword-.

DOM PEDRO II
...words of wisdom...
;)
somewhere in the forum I said I'm not here to talk about religion,
but only to change that single image...
...I'll stick to that because I know it would lead for sure to endless
fights on who's right and who's wrong... Hmmmm...

Cheers!!!

it's a church as the main menu of a VIDEO GAME!!!

It's a cultural landmark. Get over it. Have some more kool aid.

Heck, I am Protestant, and for a few decades Catholics killed thousands upon thousands of Protestants and yet I can still appreciate lovely architectural design by Catholics, and even atheists for that matter....

Hey Dom! It has certainly been a while!
I am still around a little, its still a pain though, and I cannot even upload anything, and been busy with life and a couple other projects/games, how have you been?

Top Bottom