Help with Ethiopian UHV (#1)

Some other general tips for ethiopia:

After founding catolicism, start expanding down and on east africa you shouldve settled atleast 4-5 cities till 1300s (around congo spawn) and also you should have your borders connected in all cities becouse the europeans can be sneaky sometimes and settle a city in a 1 tile spot, happened to me once in south africa:lol:.

After you settled all your cities and got some swordsmen (i suppose u got the copper/iron in africa) you should wait for congo spawn with a few missionaries and some units preferbly askari, becouse sooner or later (around 1400-1500s) portuguese will have their trading company event triggered and congo wont survive it (9/10 times they dont..). Try to open borders with congo they usually open at annoyed, spread catolicsm to get diplo boost, then its your choise either to gift the askari or just defend congo against the 4crosbwomen+ trebs when the event triggers.

After sucsessfuly defending congo gift them some settlers and a tech or two they will cover the west(subequatoral) africa and you wouldnt need to worry about euros there.
Also spread catolicism around their cities to get the culture boost.

Another kinda situational matter is with mali - In one of my games they vassilized to dutch and dutch settled a city right next to them on the right (its ur uhv zone) so if this happens try to get it asap and gift it to congo (its surprising that they have more stability than you..)

All the congo strategy is simply to go easy on ur stability(in most of your games ur stability will be crap something like -20 after 1200s, when you fell behind in tech and expand, i was -50 once and 2 golden ages saved my ass right in the end so keep some gp to have a golden age if something happens) + having an extra ally in Africa becouse you need it, euros will have more advansed tech than you and sometimes it can be hard to purge them out of africa especially on 1910s.

Why not destroy Europe first? Once your home safe, you have plenty of time. Portugese is weak, just capture or raze Lisbon and they are dead. It shouldn't be too hard to get at least 1 city in Europe.

Destroying Europe sounds too ambitious to me, especially on Emperor difficulty where I don't have tech or military edge. Now I've finished the first two historical goals and Arabia currently occupies Egypt(who collapsed around 700AD, having Engineering:eek:). When do you suggest I attack them? I have only HAs and catapults and Their city is on the copper hill with walls(soon castles), a small number of Longbows, Legions and Camel Archers.

I have only 3 cities right now. Jabuuti on Cow and 2 others on Horse and Ivory. Arabia partially flipped Egypt(that Copper hill city)and I only need to attack that single city.

But my armies are much inferior to theirs and my production is limitied(even with the extra hammers from AP and Catholic buildings). Now I'm torn between attacking them and expanding into East and South Africa. It'll be safer to just expand peacefully, but acquiring Egypt can be rewarding. Need help!

I have only 3 cities right now. Jabuuti on Cow and 2 others on Horse and Ivory. Arabia partially flipped Egypt(that Copper hill city)and I only need to attack that single city.

But my armies are much inferior to theirs and my production is limitied(even with the extra hammers from AP and Catholic buildings). Now I'm torn between attacking them and expanding into East and South Africa. It'll be safer to just expand peacefully, but acquiring Egypt can be rewarding. Need help!

You should expand earlier. Don't buiild AP too early, 400 hammers = 10+ units, enough to launch an attack.

It's far harder on emperor. What you need is population. You have a chance to expand when Greeks or Romans collapse.

Building the AP was probably not the brightest idea.

I've thought it through, I'll try to take Egypt at all cost, then expand into southern Africa.

What hindered my attack was the barb spawns. 5 archers(what are they called? 4:strength: with 2 first strikes) and 2+ Impis every once in a while kept a lot of my units busy, and I was afraid building too many units would drain my economy(I exhausted all possible resources in securing the first 2 historical goals, a dead economy couldn't afford that). I'm not a warlike person but I guess warmongering IS the best option here.

Building the AP was probably not the brightest idea.

I've thought it through, I'll try to take Egypt at all cost, then expand into southern Africa.

What hindered my attack was the barb spawns. 5 archers(what are they called? 4:strength: with 2 first strikes) and 2+ Impis every once in a while kept a lot of my units busy, and I was afraid building too many units would drain my economy(I exhausted all possible resources in securing the first 2 historical goals, a dead economy couldn't afford that). I'm not a warlike person but I guess warmongering IS the best option here.

So you need larger land for army.

And the initial trireme should go east all the way to China and Korea, Korea will trade calender. Oracle for metal casting (it is possible) and I bought currency from India, construction from Greece, iron working from China, calender from Korea.

In my Emperor game it's impossible to Oracle anything when going for UHV(not to mention it's already built), and I picked a start where I have 3 flipped Medjays which I consider to be most helpful.

Now it's 1200 AD and I've taken Egypt from Arabia, with partial help from the AP(death on infidels!). I researched Paper(lots of cash!) and am close to Guilds. After that I'll get Gunpowder and plot my next evil move:scan:.

Byzantium is really strong in my game. They are now the tech leader and control 8 cities. I hope the Turks will teach them a lesson:lol:.

Top Bottom