Help with verification of a Sugar planter bug...

MadMaligor

Chieftain
I have noticed an odd trend with regard to the relationship between the lack of Sugar Planter trainers and the excessive amount of Tobacco Planter villages available for training.

6 games so far, all huge Western maps with only a single Sugar Planter trainer in 5 of them, and not a single one in one of them. On the opposite end, there is a huge glut of available Tabacco trainers. Fur Trapper trainers are also limited 2-3 per map, but it hasnt been an issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah they should have a minimum of one of each trainer on every map if you ask me. Or restore the old Col1 random event of a free colonist learning master ___ planter while on the job by experience.

I loaded up the Western Hemisphere and Caribbean Maps in World Editor and kept regenerating. It appears the behavior described is intended. The Caribbean Map tends to provide many Expert Sugar Planters while the Western Hemisphere tends to provide more Expert Tobacco Planters. I'm guessing it's part of the script for the respective map.

So if it's a bug, it's intentional ... maybe needs to be rebalanced in an update?

But with learning the sugar planter proffession your colonist will get a surgery from male to female :D

It definitely depends on how many resources are on the map. I never saw a sugar planter playing with the default New World mapscript in a ton of games, but in my first game with cephalo's mapscript I had native villages offering that. At first I assumed he had added that unit, but since it's just a mapscript that isn't the case. The sex change is an alarming surgery for natives to be performing.

Well remember, your colony doesn't actually have only 12 people in it. Each individual represents a collective group of people, mostly male but some female.

Well remember, your colony doesn't actually have only 12 people in it. Each individual represents a collective group of people, mostly male but some female.

I know It is just funny that it turns into female :) IF it would be politically correct then some colonist should be white, some black, some hetorosexuals, some not... some are from Arabia :)

Top Bottom