HephMod: a mod combo-pack emphasizing balance, realism, and historical flavor

Lachlan said:
Can you authorize more than 12 civ at the same moment ? like 24 ?

Yes. To change maximum allowed civs up to 18, go into HephMod.ini and find "MaxCivs" under both "BarbarianCiv" and "Revolution" settings, and change the number to however many you want (up to 18). If you want more than 18 civs, you'll need to download Revolution Mod's 24-civ dll (see above post #5 for the link) and replace the existing dll with that one.

For either 18- or 24-civ, you can put "MaxCiv = -1" for the maximum allowable civs.

A game core dll for 50 civs exists ! i can't wait to apply on a map !

You should take Amra !

it has 49 civs ==> limit max civ to 49 !

Lachlan said:
A game core dll for 50 civs exists ! i can't wait to apply on a map !

You should take Amra !

it has 49 civs ==> limit max civ to 49 !

In my experience, the more civs there are on the map, the easier the game is because the map just fills up with small, weak states that can never muster enough research, money, or army to be a threat! That's just one man's opinion, of course ... ;)

Well, not if your are running smartmap with a huge map size. Then the civilizations get spread out with space for everyone. I suppose that makes the game harder also.

just d/l looks very interesting :goodjob:
i have been looking for a mod that enhances the game with out
completely changing it
the new reworked civic seem very well thought out ,all have pluses and minuses ,no more just beline to B/W to change to slavery because it causes the people to be unhappy :(
the spawning of new civs from barb cities is a very interesting
concept since i am only midway though my first game ,i'm not sure about long term effects . It is quite different tho
Wow, the apollo program cant be built till future tech :crazyeye:
why noone else modding has thought of this i dont know ,but it clearly is more realistic than someone (whether the human player or the AI ) finishing a space ship in 1850 !
I played a game last week in another mod ,monarch level and an AI
on the other cont completed the apollo program in 1100AD !!!:eek:
two possible bugs
I founded Judaism but could not build the temple of solomon in my holy city with my first great prophet .Was not even an option
is this part of the new religious system?
also see screenee
the granary is not giving +1 health tho the roll over says it should
GREAT WORK will give more feed back when i am done with my first game

just d/l looks very interesting :goodjob:
i have been looking for a mod that enhances the game with out
completely changing it
the new reworked civic seem very well thought out ,all have pluses and minuses ,no more just beline to B/W to change to slavery because it causes the people to be unhappy :(
the spawning of new civs from barb cities is a very interesting
concept since i am only midway though my first game ,i'm not sure about long term effects . It is quite different tho
Wow, the apollo program cant be built till future tech :crazyeye:
why noone else modding has thought of this i dont know ,but it clearly is more realistic than someone (whether the human player or the AI ) finishing a space ship in 1850 !
I played a game last week in another mod ,monarch level and an AI
on the other cont completed the apollo program in 1100AD !!!:eek:
two possible bugs
I founded Judaism but could not build the temple of solomon in my holy city with my first great prophet .Was not even an option
is this part of the new religious system?
also see screenee
the granary is not giving +1 health tho the roll over says it should
GREAT WORK will give more feed back when i am done with my first game

Thanks so much -- I'm glad that you're enjoying the mod! The apollo program thing was WesW's idea [Medieval Mod], and I, too, was floored when I saw such a simple solution to AI players going to straight to spaceship building. This always ruined the end game for me, because I would devote all my energies to winning the game when there was still plenty of time to do other things and experience the modern age.

As to the granary problem, granaries give a +1 health for each GRAIN resource [wheat, barley, corn] you have in your city, not a generic +1 health.

As to the Temple of Solomon, I'll look into that one, because I did change the Temple's stats. IIRC, Judaism now has no cathedrals, but the Temple of Solomon has way more benefits.

THanks again, Brave Sir Robin, and keep the feedback coming!

Heph

Hephaistion? Like the gay lover of Achilles? Anyway, looks like a nice mod. Will try it out.

Minutes later...

332 turns? Wtf? I thought there was some 700 some?

No, you're thinking of Patroklos ... Hephaistion was the lover of Alexander the Great! Achilles is such a brat ... now, Alexander, there's a real man! :mischief:

You have to play on "New Balance" speed to get the 740 (give or take) turns.

Does this mod have ethnic deversity like the Ethnic Deverse mod?

Not nearly to the extent that Rabbit, White's mod does, but Dearmad's New Balance (on which this mod is based) incorporated all of the new Warlords units as flavor units. I hope to add in units from the Ethnically Diverse mod in future updates (especially middle eastern and northern european units).

Awesome. I think White Rabbit has the right idea when it comes to flavor units. What about the city sets? Do you intend on using the Warlords ones and the new ones Cham has made and will make(He is making a Mesoamerican one as we speak).

Just asking cause I like where this mod is going and like what i"ve read about it so far.

WOW
the barb civ ,civ rebellion feature is very interesting :goodjob: , as in my present game every civ except me the human (Alexander the great of course ;) )has had a rebellion chaos and lost cities to barbs,
most lost multiple cities to rebellion .Those of you asking for more civs ,PLAY THIS GREAT MOD for your self .If you start with 7 or 8
by the middle of the game you will have 12 or 13 .H is right if you started with 22 or 24 you would not have enough to have new civs rise up though rebellion . That is one of the fun feature of this mod

founded islam could not build the special religious building just like with judaism ,I am getting the 2 coin 1 cul from it spreading however
oddity with new civics : see screen
I am running Rep 1 unhappy for barracks & nationhood 2 happy for barracks at the same time .Does not seem to be causing any problems but it is odd
more feed back to come

The problem with having the Apollo program on Future Tech is that you need all the Future Techs to build it! I had 2 FTs & still could not build it.

I also could not build the Islam special building.

Thanks everybody for your bug reports!

As to problem with Apollo Program -- ouch! I had no idea that would happen ... I'll change it so that it just requires late techs instead.

As to the religious special building problems, I've clearly messed something up in the building info file by tinkering with the shrine stats. I'll look into that soon ...

As to the fort upgrade issue, I never use forts so I've never noticed that. I also don't have the first idea how to fix it!

Heph

Okay, guys, here's the deal:

Both Judaism and Islam require that you have them as your state religion in order to build the shrine -- I know why I did it with Judaism, because the temple of Solomon is now much more powerful, though I'm not sure now why I did it with Islam ...

As to the future tech issue with the Apollo Program, I'm just going to change the required tech to fusion in the next update.

Hi Hephaistion

I havent had time to play much lately, but few days back I found Dale's Ranged Bombardment mod. That mod with your mod would be perfect.
Though I dont know how easy it would be to combine the two mods.

What do you think about it, could it be possible?

I haven't looked at the python involved in his mod, so I don't know how easy or hard it would be to combine them. I'll have to check it out before I decide whether I'd want to include them or not.

Thanks for the idea! I've been less active in the civ department lately as well, first because I got Medieval Total War II, and then because things got busier at work. I've fixed the little things that have been discussed here in the forum, and should be uploading an update soon.

Top Bottom