Hilarious bug: unit sprints around the world

Krupo

Old-time newsgrouper
I'm using 1.61 and a little while ago I experienced a hilarious bug: grenadiers walked, and instead of moving from one square to the next, they did that - and then continued running all the way around the world, through hill and dale, over mountains and through water.

Has anyone ever seen this action before?

It was an old 1.00 bug. I guess not all instances were fixed.

In my current game I just saw a spanish destroyer sail though a land mass. It stoped in the ocean approx. where it would have if it would have gone around. I have never had it do that for me or seen it before. I had a perm. alliance with the spanish which is how I noticed it at all.

Just one of rather too many graphical glitches, I suspect. It's the final position that really matters, not so much how the unit got there.

I haven't noticed too many graphical glitches (the most noticable one being a black square on some large unit/building graphic on the main interface). I guess it depends on the graphics card.

I got this glitch once since I pathced to the latest, but I must say, it has to be my favourite glitch. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, but it's quite humerous. Imagine this: You move your axemen to take out a spearman in a city, and then, as the camera zooms in to show you the battle.. the axemen are gone! Suddenly, the spearmen start to fight nothing and begin to fall... then you see a flash of light and color flashing by... It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a game glitch that makes it look like superaxemen! :lol:

Joel Von Hall said:
In my current game I just saw a spanish destroyer sail though a land mass. It stoped in the ocean approx. where it would have if it would have gone around. I have never had it do that for me or seen it before. I had a perm. alliance with the spanish which is how I noticed it at all.

It was a land mass and not a city on a one tile wide piece of land? I've seen ships sail through cities only if the city was touching water on at least two sides. But this is normal, the city acts as a canal. This isn't what you mean, right?

Joel Von Hall said:

I've seen this too, it's a graphical bug. It's like the game can't be bothered to show it moving round the land mass instead it will show it moving through it. I was at war at the time too with the Civ that has the ship. Funnily enough, it was a Spanish frigate too.

Yeah, I get this occasionally. One of my units will start sprinting from the enemy to return the rest of his troops and fight. He always returns in time to fight, though, so I just give him his little last moment of freedom.

tadster said:
It was a land mass and not a city on a one tile wide piece of land? I've seen ships sail through cities only if the city was touching water on at least two sides. But this is normal, the city acts as a canal. This isn't what you mean, right?

No it was a small un-settled island. I know about cities. Ive even built a few to expressly serve as a canals.

Krupo said:
I'm using 1.61 and a little while ago I experienced a hilarious bug: grenadiers walked, and instead of moving from one square to the next, they did that - and then continued running all the way around the world, through hill and dale, over mountains and through water.

Has anyone ever seen this action before?
Yes, I attacked a Grenadier in a city using a Rifleman. The city was on a small island. My Rifleman dissappeared and the Grenadier walked straight into the water and dissappeared from veiw. The Rifleman won, presumably because the Grenadier drowned.
Tell Firaxis about it.

Top Bottom