1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hipfot's veyDer's User Events

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Hipfot, May 3, 2011.

1. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Unfortunately the version I uploaded yesterday included some old lua and xml files with the non-working notifications. :(

I've made a new build with new notifications and VFS set to False for the four files mentioned on an earlier post.

IF anyone already started a new game using version 4 i think (based on my tests) that you can just overwrite MyUserEvents.lua and MyUserEvents.xml with the new ones.

Gilgamesh: I hope this solves your problem!

\Skodkim

2. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

My problem was related by Version 3. The game iam now running is bugfree Version4 (now on turn350).

3. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hi

I've gone through all events testing if they could trigger, if messages were shown correctly and if effects were working. In that process I've disabled the Meteor and Meltdown events as they caused a game crash. I also found some events that did not have an effect or had a wrong effect. Those have been fixed :)

I'm uploading version 6 here. This might be the final version - at least for a while - as I'm going to see if I can get the mod working as a module in VEM :D

\Skodkim

4. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

That would be awesome.

I slight possible bug. I was playing yesterday. Was still early enough in that game that I had one civ left to meet. I got a message that something happened in Cologne. So knew that eventually I was going to meet Germany.
    Not a big deal. But just wanted to point it out.
    A possible new event could be you have heard of a new country, or a new civ reveals itself to you... or both...

5. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hi Dunkah

Just got word from Thal that it should be included in the next VEM release :)

What you're experiencing is an irritating side effect of notifications being shown to all players as previously mentioned. As also mentioned I haven't got the skills to fix this.

I'm hoping that when Thal gets this module going we'll see some new improvements.

\Skodkim

6. Spatzimaus

Spatzimaus Mad Scientist

It's not hard. You're already going to want to have some way to compare the current player ID to that of the Active Player to see whether certain messages need to be given (or what syntax you use for those messages), so all you need to do is throw on a HasMet() check between their Teams. If the two teams haven't met, don't give a message that'd give any detail away. (For unmet teams, make a generic "an unknown player has done X" sort of alternative.)

7. Hambil

Hambil Emperor

This is interesting, and I will be taking a close look at it both as a player and a (soon to be) mod author. Thank you :)

8. Headlock

Headlock Nomnomnomnom

Barb Invasions/Internal uprisings are big priority for me.

Anyone got the code to spawn a Barb Camp and circa 5-9 Barbs?
    This allows for an initial surge, with potential dribble reinforcements.

HDK

9. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy The Village Idiot

This is a great mod! Thank you for creating this. Everyone involved did a great job! This really should have been in the vanilla game. :D