HistoriCanada - a mod about Canadian history

As an elite unit, one should think about the famous canadian VAN DOOS (infantry special unit), and its leader Paul Triquet! At the beginning, it was only a battalion amongst others, but the heroic and even epic actions got them the Victoria Cross and the "legion d'honneur" after WW1 (Paul Triquet - only two received these highest marks of recognition during the 1st WW for the canadian army, rarely given to foreign soldiers at that time). Thus they became an elite force, renamed "Royal" so as to emphasis their bravery (only elite crown battalions were renamed Royal)...

Royal 22nd Regiment: Canada's Fighting 'Van Doos'
http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-71-579/conflict_war/van_doos/

Folks, just wanted to congratulate you on an exceptionally nice piece of work! :thumbsup:

This scenario rocks! I downloaded it last night, and started playing:
Randomly, I got to fend for the British, and I must say, the difficulties I have with being able to maintain a thriving colony on Newfoundland are very close to what I envision it must have been like in reality. Those French declared war on me very early on because I refused to trade techs with them and they sacked my first three settlements and burned them to the ground. Pretty soon they had all native tribes united against me, but I am holding my own. The Protestant Monarchy government does wonders for shields/gold and I am able to research at 100% while still spending 10% on happiness (to combat war weariness). All my research is geared towards superior military units, with which I will overrun the natives along the St. Lawrence. Frigates and Men-of-War will keep the French at bay - hopefully.

Again, I haven't had so much fun playing Civ since El Justo's Age of Imperialism. Thanks again! :goodjob: :D

Finished playing this.
Just a few comments:

PRO: Overall a really good scenario, good gameplay, good selection of units, stats, tech balancing, etc.

CON: I was bummed when I got to the end of the tech tree sometime in the mid 18th century. I woulda preferred at least one more era which would take me into the 19th century and industrialization. Another bummer was the mandatory retirement year right around that time. I just had gotten started with my conquest of native indian lands after repelling the French for good.
Lastly (easily fixable, tho'), the selection of city names for the French and British could have been more historical.

All in all: Great work with alot of potential for future updates. :goodjob:

Stay tuned for the next chapters then. The end date of 1763 is to locate this scenario well and truly in the New France period. For the later stories we introduce America as a civ, The Metis, The Blackfoot and the Cree.

That takes us well into the 19th Century

I think this a a great scn.
I like the map and soundtrack alot
and the tech tree is a nice mix.
So I had fun playing as Mohawk
though I wished there was a little more of the "Iroqoiis"
This was their time to shine.

I really like how the beavers get exhausted so one
must keep going west to find more. I'd like to have
an improvement for cities with beavers in their radiance
that produces a treasure every so often.

I hope there are more versions coming.
I'd like to see more of the Confederacy,
perhaps a uu or 2, maybe some Dutch or Swedes
to give us the flintlock so the French cannot
beat us so easily and we can monopolize the fur trade
away from them and their allies.

Thank you!!
:goodjob:

So... does anyone have a copy of this mod?

I have a copy sitting on my hard drive. Looks like the original site is down. I can upload it to AtomicGamer if none of the original creators are able to restore access within a few days.

Well, it's been a few days, and it wasn't restored.

Bumping this. I was hoping to either play it or use parts of it for my mod. It's a fascinating chapter of history as well. I'm rather envious of those who lived within that period of history.

I think I have the original package on a backup drive. My desktop died last year, but I can look into rehosting it this weekend.

Top Bottom