Ho ho ho and a bottle of Tokaj! - A Magyar civ

Oh, I did not know are the one working on the crown :)
Take your time of course, I'm sure it will be awesome eventually!

Yeah, there will be at least one update, if everything works as I planned it, even two.

Oh, I did not know are the one working on the crown
Take your time of course, I'm sure it will be awesome eventually!
Yeah, I kept it secret that people hurry him and to take away some pressure from him. Basically I have done some preparations to my mod, but I wouldn't have the time to publish the next version before christmas anyways as from now on, there should be only stable versions, no betas anymore. Therefor, I'd like to fix any bug and avoid new ones.

Absinthe, you told me that you don't want to switch to civ5 yet. Still, an early version of an Hungary mod for civ5 is out and you are welcome to join the discussion. If you like, check the civ5 section of this or the hungarian forum.

Absinthe, you told me that you don't want to switch to civ5 yet. Still, an early version of an Hungary mod for civ5 is out and you are welcome to join the discussion. If you like, check the civ5 section of this or the hungarian forum.

Thanks, but I don't even bought Civ V
Maybe 2-3 years later, when there are enough extra stuff - of course mostly by the CFC community ;)
Till then Civ IV is far superior for me

PS: And I really want to have multiple leaders for the same civ
I'm afraid the Firaxis guys will never bring that back for CiV, so it's a serious negative point for me :(

PS: And I really want to have multiple leaders for the same civ
I'm afraid the Firaxis guys will never bring that back for CiV, so it's a serious negative point for me
Seconded. But who knows? Maybe it will be moddable.

I just wanted to pop in and explain what is going on with Arpad and the Crown. Firstly, I was nearly done with Camillo Benso (for an Italian or Savoian/Piedmont civ) but his damn jacket gave me issues. First it was the matter of getting the texture to show up in the first place (any LH makers reading this will know how much of a pain in the ass Lincoln's suit is) then after that crafting the suit to fit Camillo (both in style and in, *ahem* size) is still giving me issues. So basically what I am saying is that once he is finished I will begin working on the other things.

I am going to throw out a projection of ten days, but I am obviously going to try to make it less than that. As you are all aware, this is a busy time of year for most people in the western hemisphere.

Now, the fortunate thing for all of us is that Arpad and the Crown are practically finished themselves. There are just some things I wanted to do with the crown and some things I wanted to do with Arpad that I am either (a) unsure of how feesable/workable they are, (b) unsure how long they will take to create, and (c) unsure how they will actually work/look once finished. So you can understand that it will be impossible for me to give a straight answer on when they will be finished. So basically what I am saying is this, I hope to have Camillo Benso finished within ten days. After he is done, I am going to work on the Hungarian stuff, I don't know how long that will take and of course Christmas and New Year's Eve are going to hit. So honestly, I wouldn't expect any of this to be finished until at least 14 January. And even then, I have no idea.

I know that sucks to hear, but that's where I am right now.

EDIT: Most of you already know this, but if you are reading this keep in mind that I am also working on a bunch of other stuff. So it isn't as if I only have these three little things to do.

Of course, we can understand that you have your own projects and that unexpected problems can delay the release date of work, so we'll remain patient. No prob and thanks for keeping us informed!

Glad to hear these are coming in line right after Cavour
Thx Capo :goodjob:

Hey cool!
You should take down the leaderhead patch for now
It may be confusing if someone try to use it with the 2.1 version of the mod
(I just tried :))

Yeah, you are right. I'll do some clean-up this weekend, I promise!

Okay, I've done some cleanup. Everything about the leaderhead patch is deleted and some links have been fixed. Finally, I've added a preview of Ekmeks Kossuth that should be part of the latest beta if I remember correctly (the betas upload date given might be incorrect). Note: the default download link in the file db is still pointing to the very old last non-beta. However, I highlightened the proper link a bit more.

I am thinking about working a bit on my Corvinus LH. Nothing big, I just thought about adding a small accessoire at the chest to make him a bit less boring. First, I thought about the chain Ekmeks old Kossuth used (see post 1 for preview), but it will crop with the clothes and this time, it will be obvious, I think. So maybe some long necklace... Feel free to make suggestions.

Also, I don't think nitram will fix my Széchenyi update... Anyone interested? I believe it wouldn't be too hard for an experienced LH modder. Ask me for files if you are interested.

Yeah, I was also thinking of improving Mátyás somehow
Unfortunately I'm not too good at blender, so it remained a plan after a few brief tries...

I'd say, that the LH itself is pretty good, it just needs some goody. I am thinking of something generic and golden. If you ever see something that might fit, let me know. I might give it a go. As long as it is a simply regarding the shape, chances are good I could get it to work. I'm just not a good texturer. Avain or The Capo might be able to help, but the former is rather inactive and the latter is quite busy... Besides of this, one could change the backgroun - a pretty easy job. I was thinking of using the background avain uses, but while it fits pretty well to a young Corvinus, I think it doesn't to an older one.

Good news: The Capo starts working on the crown! He said he might tune the LH a little as a whole and suggests an in-door background. We'd need a picture for that, anyone an idea what could be used?

Alright guys, I started working on getting the crown on Zerver's St. Stephan, and I think it looks pretty decent right (I don't know why it looks this way in NifSkope, but in-game it looks fine)...

...I am going to send it to WH for reskinning.

Attachments

• Stephen.jpg
    Stephen.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 155
Yeah, looks fantastic for now. Let's see what WH can do to even improve on it.

The ghost-effect looks like some transparency... Can't rmember that I would have seen it when working on the LH... Hmmm... there wa something like zbuffering or something else with 'z'... Hmmm... as long as it work in-game. Hope it works for people with weaker machine, too, when there is no shader used...

BTW: I handed over my diploma. There will be a final examination in a couple of weeks, don't know the exact date yet. Also, I'll have to take care for a job... Anyways, I should be availbale for civ modding soon.

I'm going to start working on a new version of that Arpad LH I previewed in my thread, I have some new ideas, also I am nearly finished with Cavour, but for some reason can't get certain vertices attached and I am not exactly sure why so I'll have to ask Ekmek or somebody. In the meantime (and by meantime I mean in the next five minutes) I'll start working on Arpad.

I'm going to start working on a new version of that Arpad LH I previewed in my thread, I have some new ideas, also I am nearly finished with Cavour, but for some reason can't get certain vertices attached and I am not exactly sure why so I'll have to ask Ekmek or somebody. In the meantime (and by meantime I mean in the next five minutes) I'll start working on Arpad.
That's good news! I've found some interesting stuff lately. It's actually not about Árpád, but about Koppány who was Stephens opponent and thus lived around 200 years later. Although I am not a historian, I read that his fellowers lived pretty much like the conquering Magyars and Árpád, so the clothing would still be valid. The source is a rock opera (you are of course allowed to switch off the music if you don't like it ;)), so it could be discussed again how accurate it is. Anyways, I like the clothing there and could imagine it is accurate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zn9UI2LnI8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPmgu8NDUqI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq39BH3RAUg&feature=related (not thinking of the woman here :))
I could imagine that Koppánys clothing (the guy that sings the biggest part in video 1) could be a neat inspiration regarding the clothes. I should have given you these sources earlier, but didn't know about this version of the opera much earlier. Hope it somewhat fits your ideas. Anyways, I think that the idea about using a yurts interiour as background is still pretty good.

Great news, Capo, and the crown looks awesome!
Glad you are back ,)

Top Bottom