1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Cheese Annex (unofficial poll)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, May 27, 2007.

?

Is Quattromasters to too cheesy?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2007.
  1. I like things they way they are.

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Exclude Duel Size Maps and only allow ancient starts for QM.

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. I have a different idea.

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. jesusin

jesusin Ant GOTM Staff

What a fast player!:eek:

My Deity Quick cultural games take 10 to 14 hours, even if I don't have to think the strategy too much and I don't have units to move.

2. cabert

cabert Big mouth

don't believe him!
    I played through the minor, and it took me a lot more than 4 hours!
    then again, I'm playing through the major and it's been more than 10 hours already, and I'm only halfway done.

3. Shadondriel

Shadondriel Freak

I really don't think #1 deity games can be called cheesy, even if it is with Huayna Capac. Don't know :crazyeye:

4. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

:lol: I was referring to the in-game clock :mischief: I just checked and it was 3:18:11 for my second attempt. I don't know why, but it always counts WAY less than the RL time I spend in the game. I don't think it counts the time when you're going through city build orders (at the start of a turn) as "game time." Hence, my low number. I spent a lot of time counting tiles in this game so I think the actual time I spent on the game is closer to double the 3 hour number...

edit: My first keshik attempt was closer to 6 hours :lol: Go figure.

5. Dracandross

Dracandross Warlord

Hey just pick settler, tiny, quick. Rush 1 AI and park units on 2nd. Then hit next turn like no tomorrow :) Not a good score but it was about finishing it.

-D

6. pholtz

pholtz King

The jokes on me :lol:

Except for Gauntlets, I haven't yet submitted a game that wasn't going to be on a top ten someplace, mainly because I didn't think of it. Even my cheezy high difficulty duel conquest games made the top ten; One, my immortal, made 1st. Of course these are on lesser played speeds :)

Playing games just to get a QM space filled doesn't seem right to me. But I'm going to change a bit....

I'm tired of playing games setup for maximum speed/score. Tired of playing games with no barbarians. I need to play some totally random games, random map type, random leader and opponents on standard or larger maps, and just see what I can do. If I manage to win the game and it would fill a QM spot then I'll post them even though they won't make a top ten.

7. jesusin

jesusin Ant GOTM Staff

Yes, it does, that's where 50% of my time comes from. The other 50% is spent on my excel spreadsheet :rolleyes:

8. FiveAces

FiveAces Emperor

Deity diplo and space are pretty easy (relatively). Diplo with OCC and space with an OCC/PA make for very quick games that you will frequently win.