HoF Mod - assets different from a standard install

I might try reinstalling civ 4 tomorrow and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for trying guys.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling vanilla,warlords, BTS patches and hof mods. Same result. Vanilla and warlords work fine but BTS CTD.
Maybe the next version of the BTS mod will work.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling vanilla,warlords, BTS patches and hof mods. Same result. Vanilla and warlords work fine but BTS CTD.
Maybe the next version of the BTS mod will work.
Start a normal game without the HOF mod loaded.. there is a bug in the hof mod that causes it to crash if you dont initialize some values in the ini file from a normal game first

Thanks Gyathaar...started a normal game, reloaded and mod now works.
Still doesn't explain initial problem though, but alls well that ends well.

Maybe Shadondriel needs to do the same thing...

Thanks a lot guys, now I can try the Beta Gauntlet...

nope, I tried, but the assets are still different from a standard install....
Dianthus is working a revised version of an asset checker we were using last year. We'll put it up as soon as it is ready. One thing make sure you are using an accout with admin rights. There seem to be differences when not. (Sorry, if we asked about this before.)

There's a new version of the asset checker >> here <<.

Could any that are having problems with assets try running this? It should automatically find the paths to Civ4 and the HOF mod. If not then click the folder buttons and find them manually. Click "Check", then "Save Results" and post the .csv file here.

Civ4 Installed assets all good!
Warlords Installed assets all good!
BTS Installed assets all good!
Installed HOF mod good!

:confused:

Edit: And @ Denniz. I'm the administrator account on that computer. Nothing there

Jean d´Eath;5782511 said:
i did submit some save files to hof and have sent csv files to hof@civfanatics.net and the g-mail account
OK, thanks Jean d´Eath. I just looked and it's your CvGameCoreDLL.dll in Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets that is different. I assume you have applied the 3.02 patch? I'm not sure why else your copy of that file would be different!

yes i did install the patch right before the hof mod

Jean d´Eath;5782548 said:
yes i did install the patch right before the hof mod
Actually there is one thing I can think of. Maybe the patch updated everything except that dll? I notice that you've installed to a different dir. This is just a guess, but maybe that's something to do with it? Could you take a look and see if there is a CvGameCoreDLL.dll at C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets?

hmm... this will take a few minutes as i am at university right now... (takes 30 minutes to go to my flat and back again) perhaps we should discuss first what to do if there is a dll or not, so that i can try some things...

Top Bottom