1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HoF Mod - assets different from a standard install

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Shadondriel, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Shadondriel

Shadondriel Freak

no, I don't get it anymore. Everything fine now, I can use it

2. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Well, that's good then. :goodjob: We know what to do to fix the German version.

Is anyone else still having the problem?

3. ArcadicGamer

ArcadicGamer Warlord

I am still having issues with the US STEAM version. I've deleted the .dll and redownloaded it from steam, re-installed all 3 games, and such. The assets checker ran cleanly also. I did pop a /dir s assets>assets.txt to the gmail account.

I should also mention that i've had this issue with warlords also, since the recent patch. I havent tried HOF vanilla, but i suspect its the same.

4. Denniz

The dir stuff is obsolete with the asset checker. Could you sent the csv file from that. I am not sure what is in the rar file but I am having trouble downloading it. Could you use zip or windows compressed file instead.

Edit: Did you delete the DLL file after installing but before patching to 3.02.?

5. terrasol

terrasol Chieftain

could someone explain me what to do with the german version?

I didn't understand the problem an the solve of the problem.

6. Denniz

The "../Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/CvGameCoreDLL.dll" file in from the install cd has a newer timestamp (7/4/2007) than the one in the 3.02 patch (7/2/2007). It doesn't get overlayed during the patch install so you end up with wrong file.

If you reinstall BTS and delete that file before patching to 3.02, it should come out correctly. Just remember to start a normal game before one with the HOF Mod.

7. ArcadicGamer

ArcadicGamer Warlord

8. Denniz

Both your Warlords and BTS Assets don't show up in the AssetChecker listing. It looks like an access/security issue.

I don't remember if you said you had Vista or not. If so, you might want to apply Bede's full Vista solution:
    Spoiler :
    The only other thing I can think of is the UAC. I think it mean user access control. It seems that Vista has all kinds of extra security stuff. Sometimes admin user isn’t enough. Could you try the following Microsoft instructions with your Civ4 EXE’s:

Scenario 2: Mark an application to always run elevated
    Scenario 2 is similar to the previous scenario in that you want to run an application or process as elevated with the administrator access token. However, in this scenario you want to run an application that has not been marked by the developer or identified by the operating system as an administrative application. Some applications, such as internal line-of-business applications or non-Microsoft products might require administrative rights but have not been identified as such. In this scenario, you mark an application to prompt user for consent, and if granted, run as an administrative application. The following procedure steps you through that process.

Note:
    To perform the following procedure, you must be logged into a client computer as a member of the local administrators group. You cannot be logged in with the computer (or built-in) administrator account because Admin Approval Mode does not apply to this account.

Important:
    This procedure cannot be used to prevent UAC from prompting for consent to run an administrative application.

To mark an application to always run elevated
    1. Right-click an application that is not likely to have been assigned an administrative token, such as a word processing application.

2. Click Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

3. Under Privilege Level, select Run this program as an administrator, and then click OK.

Note:
    If the Run this program as an administrator option is unavailable, it means that the application is blocked from always running elevated, the application does not require administrative credentials to run, the application is part of the current version of Windows Vista, or you are not logged into the computer as an administrator.

9. Dianthus

Dianthus Small but hardy

It could also be due to an assumption I made in the asset checker code. I assume that "Warlords" and "Beyond the Sword" are installed under "Sid Meier's Civilization 4".

10. Denniz

I thought they had to be since they share Vanilla's assets.

11. Rockin_T

Rockin_T Chieftain

After I patched BTS I thought I had this problem fixed since BTS is working fine now. But when I tried Warlords and vanilla I still the changed assets error. This version of civ4 gold is vanilla 1.74 and warlords 2.13 out of the box. I did not have to patch them. So I don't know if they changed something in this release or not.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/109984/Civ4AssetChecker.zip

12. Denniz

It looks like the EXE and the DLL are different. Could you e-mail (hof.civfanatics@gmail.com) us a saves created using the HOF-1.74.001 & HOF-2.13.001?

13. Denniz

1.74 could be a gold version difference but your HOF-2.13.001 mod doesn't match. You might want to delete that folder and reinstall.

14. Rockin_T

Rockin_T Chieftain

Done that and just sent you another game save using that.

15. terrasol

terrasol Chieftain

thanks, now all works fine :)

16. Denniz

That didn't change anything. I am going to have to get Dianthus to update his asset checker to detail out the Vanilla and Warlords mod folders.

Did you install the Gold Edition from scratch or had you had older versions of Warlords or Vanilla? Did it include BTS or did you install that before or after the Gold edition? I guess I would like a timeline of your installs. Also, is your's a US edition?

17. Rockin_T

Rockin_T Chieftain

I had completely removed all old installs of civ4 vanilla along with any left over registry entries. Then this is a complete install of civ4 gold 1.74 with warlords 2.13. Then I installed BTS, patched BTS and installed the 3 HOF mods. I think I am on my 6th complete install of everything. At least I can play BTS with the HOF mod now. Yes this is the US version. Heading out on a camping trip now but will be able to get online tomorrow night.

Thanks...

18. ArcadicGamer

ArcadicGamer Warlord

On the STEAM version at least, each game has its own seperate folder. I can upload jpgs of the folders after work.
    also should probly mention, the BTS install folder has a BTS subfolder where the exe is held, same as warlords, but plain's exe is in its base folder.

19. ArcadicGamer

ArcadicGamer Warlord

Here's a jpg of the base STEAM games folder, and the 3 install folders for CIV4

Spoiler :

From what i can gather, it seems that having the 3 seperate asset folders is causing the problem. I have sent a ticked to STEAM support about the issue, as it is also releated to why i show MODDED in a multiplayer game. I do know that combining the folders breaks the STEAM launcher ability to play and show the games as installed.

It could also be a similar issue with the patches .dll. Since STEAM automaticly downloads and applies any patch that is out, from a msster version of the game on the download servers, it could be the master DLL has the older version as our german counterparts are experiencing. That would be why i cannot delete and simply re-aquire the proper dll, because STEAM would send me the wrong one from the master.

I appreciate any help that has been given. I am new to the HOF, and desperatly want to submit and play these games. Thanks to all who are helping resolve this issue for me, and anyone with the steam version.

20. Ani

Ani Chieftain

Did run the asset checker and it reported all good :).
    Still got the crc message when trying to start the gauntleth though.

Any sugestions on what i can do? What kind of info do you need to be able to give me some help?