1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Mod Support/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by superslug, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATopic22

ATopic22 Clan SPADE Captain

Thanks for the help Denniz, I will try it, however I do not now what you mean by the second suggestion. My game content is in My Documents/ My Games/ Firaxis/ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 and for some reason I cannot locate my other file which is supposed to be in Local Disc (C). If this is the problem you were talking about then tell me so that I can reinstall Civ 4 and repatch.

2. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

First of all are you saying the Victory screen, setting tab had the different assets message? If you are not sure, please send a saved game to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com.

The default install paths are "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4". Warlords is in a folder called "Warlords" in the above directory. If you installed it for only that user then it goes into your Application Data folder under your user id in Documents & settings. If you didn't use the default install then I can probably get it for you from your save file.

The "My Documents/My Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4" is where custom content goes. Nothing there should be a problem.

3. ATopic22

No it's right at the start of the game when it shows my leader and says the message but i looked at the victory settings and it said the map that i was using was nonusable. I was using shuffle but on the settings page of Civ 4 HOF(website) it says this map is ok to use.I haven't tried to fix the problem but i was wondering if pangea would work and was wondering when the deadline would be for the HOF game. Is this a daily thing or what.

4. Denniz

Please send a save file to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com so I can take a look at it.

There are no deadlines for the general HOF. We publish new games on the 10th and 25th. The Gauntlets have posted deadlines.

5. Hero

Hero NPC

Civ4 Map Finder has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature:
    EventType : clr20r3

I can't run this thing at all now. Just installed it and HOF mod. What's the deal?

6. ATopic22

thanks for the help denniz. The problem has been resolved. By the way does anyone here know anything about the Mongolian barbarian game that's taking place in mid july. I have never played anything like that and i was wondering if anyone had som help like if i'm going to be given a partner since i dont have one and how exactly this whole thing goes.:blush:

7. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

this thread should answer most of your questions about how the SGOTM barbarian game will work:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168439

any other questions, you should probably ask in that forum, as the mods that control that game will not be in this area for answering questions.

8. Denniz

Did you download and install Microsoft .NET Framework?

If that is not it, what version of Civ4MapFinder did you download?

9. Hero

Hero NPC

Yeah I installed the .NET framework. I have v1.5 of MapFinder. It worked a couple of times too. Restarted my machine to no effect. I may just uninstall re-install. Also, why does MapFinder require access to the internet? Thanks.

10. Hero

Hero NPC

Damn. Uninstalled, reinstalled but get the same error. Oh well, any help would be appreciated. Also, there's a link on the MapFinder download page under "Support" where it asks all problems and questions to be reported to a certain thread, but the link leads nowhere.

11. denze

denze Chieftain

I've wondered about that too.

12. Denniz

I used VB.Net Express Edition (i.e. free edition). The only publish option is via web. So I use the publish to create then exe and dependent files locally. I then use a third party install utility to create the install you used. The authority model is the default. I haven't been able to figure out how to change it with breaking something. Maybe if I had the full version... :(

Try using version 1.4, there is a download for that too. That link is supposed to lead here. Thanks, we'll fix it.

13. Hero

Hero NPC

Hmmm same error with v1.4. Oh well thanks for trying. I may try reinstalling the whole game but I don't want to mess with it now. Thanks for the effort.

14. denze

denze Chieftain

Maybe not. I can't open more than one instance of Mapfinder so I'm guessing you set it up as a single instance application? It is probably opening up a local port and using that to listen for other instances to shut them down.

Or something like that, I remember reading something about it on the MSDN site.

Anyway, it is a good prog. Good job. And it is free!

15. Hero

Hero NPC

Man I guess I'm really SOL. I uninstalled CivIV+Warlords, reinstalled them, reinstalled HOFmod+MapFinder and I get same error. Damn.

Hmmm, twice in the last couple of days, McAfee has blocked a script from running. Don't know if it could have anything to do with my problem. McAfee notification says:

Could this be what's messing me up, or just a coincidence?

16. Hero

Hero NPC

It appears that McAfee was denying MapFinder access to the net. I told it to grant access and it seems like it will work now.

17. Denniz

It is usually something simple like that. I am glad you figured it out. I was never a requirement to play with HOF Mod. You just need it if you want to use the Map Finder option.

18. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Deity

Why would MapFinder need access to the internet?

19. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Scroll up to post 1053.

20. Hero

Hero NPC

Actually it doesn't seem to need access to the Net, just an enabled connection. Normally I always disable my internet connection and hit the Standby button on my cable modem when I don't need to be online. MapFinder wouldn't work with my internet connection disabled, but it works fine with my connection enabled but with the cable modem still on Standby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.