HOF Questions and Answers Thread

You confused me at first, thinking that if I do not have BTS, then how could I have screwed up the basic DLL. Then I realized that I need to change the basic version DLL. A good thing, not a bad thing.

It does state this in the Intro page, I just glossed over it since it was under the "install the latest patch for your software" section. Knowing I already had the latest patch, I did not read the details that have the exception clause.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I can't find anywhere the requirements for a game to be considered towards EQM. Was it 'small or more'? Anything else?

Should this info be included in the FAQ? Or in a tab inside the EQM zone?

Thank you.

Ancient age only, except for rock of ages. So rock of ages games don't count towards any of the others.
No duel maps, only tiny or bigger.
No Inca, but any of the other 33.

Pretty sure I found that info on the EQM bit of the HOF.

Help, please.

I was playing BotM 25 and decided to check the settings. I got the "Not Valid" message in red, the reason given was that "Lock Modified Assets" was supposedly not checked.

Did I mess up? Was this caused because the last time I was on the new game menu I didn't have it checked?

I never load the XotM from the menu, by the way, but just launch it directly from the saved games directory.

Thanks,
Jason

I was playing BotM 25 and decided to check the settings. I got the "Not Valid" message in red, the reason given was that "Lock Modified Assets" was supposedly not checked.

I loaded up the save and got the same message, so I assume has been set up like this.

It shouldn't make a difference as it is for GOTM rather than HOF and you can't get into world-builder but you should probably check with the map-builder (Dynamic Spirit I think) first.

How do I run Map Finder under BUFFY-3.19.002? The Map Finder page says Alt+M, but that gives me the reminder popup under BUFFY.

:thanx:

Can older hall of fame games still be submitted? If so, will it be published?

What do you mean by older? Can't use older versions of the HOF Mod but games using basic Civ IV and Warlords can be submitted and published if they use the most current version of the HOF mod (1.74.004 and 2.13.004).

How can I find out why my submission was excluded?
We always send an e-mail to the registered e-mail address. The subject is generally something like "HOF Submission #xxxxx". You might want to check your spam folder.

If you can't find it, send an e-mail to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com and we will resend to that address.

Ah, Steam, I forgot. With Steam Vanilla, Warlord and BTS all have their own folder structures. Warlords has it's own Vanilla and BTS has it's own vanilla (and possibly warlords).

You need to make sure the HOF Mods get installed in the correct path. The best way is to start a game in that version and exit. That resets the Registry path to point to that version. The Inno Setup we use can then find the right path. Otherwise you need to override it yourself.

When you run assetchcker, it should ask you for the version or have menu option to select it so you can check each version. You may need to copy the vanilla\warlords DLLs (downloads from here). I don't think that Steam updates the Vanilla and Warlords with the changes from BTS.

I'm interested in returning to some Civ4 HOF action, and was wondering if the above quote still applies to the BUFFY mod install for STEAM.

I'm interested in returning to some Civ4 HOF action, and was wondering if the above quote still applies to the BUFFY mod install for STEAM.
Yes, BUFFY installs the same way the HOF Mod for BTS did and Steam hasn't chnaged anything as far as I know.

For the first time ever, I tried viewing someone's HOF submitted game files to get some insight on strategies (long overdue), and I can view BTS games okay but get an asset error on Vanilla. I made sure that I was viewing 3.19.003 and 1.74.004 files - the same versions I have installed. When creating my own games in Vanilla I do not get any errors, and I just submitted a 1.74.004 game and it was accepted.
I ran asset checker and received no errors for either Vanilla or BTS.
Any suggestions?

Full message:
"The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed."

Top Bottom