1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Questions and Answers Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Methos, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Anysense

Anysense Emperor

And early IW means you are likely to roll Elite Swords quest? BTW, it is said here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/random-events-list.236727/#post-5789100 that it requires state religion, but I had no state religion. I did have Buddhism in Rome, though. Apparently this information is not entirely accurate, probably not up to date.

Edit: That game is very promising, probably good enough to beat 460AD Culture record. There is a problem with AI's research rate: it's pathetic, even Mansa is useless. On the other hand, I can reserve the Oracle for Biology, something I had difficulties with even on Tiny (and this is Small!). Or should I use it on Currency:hmm:
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0157.JPG

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Good grief. I blinked at those promotion images and my brain thought "City Raider 4"?? :lol:

3. Anysense

Anysense Emperor

When next Challenge starts? I would not mind a break from this praetorian marathon insanity before I play a space game, assuming that my current attempt at culture will be successful and I won't need another one. There was nothing either about XXII finishing or plans for XXIII in recent updates.

Edit: This is a bit off topic but I did it! Sushi on t313 (370 BC), which is 10 turns faster than in 695 AD Space Colony game by Seraiel! Not sure how much I can actually get from it, though. It's 141:culture: per turn now and will probably be about 180 once I'm done collecting resources; not bad with 5 religions - 6 if can do Christian stuff quickly.
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0359.JPG

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  4. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Is the HoF site down? It has loaded half-way, but then nothing more really happens. Page processing forever.

5. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

6. SittinDown

SittinDown King Supporter

Agreed, not working from my end either.

7. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Yep, working again now on my end too.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  9. Conquistador 63

Conquistador 63 Deity

Just realized that another Gauntlet game submission (#30516) still does not show on the "gauntlet" tab of my EQM status.

10. jnebbe

jnebbe Warlord

I'm trying to download and mess around with map-finder but no matter where I install it, I get an error saying "Cannot find civ4 path".
    I have buffy 3.19.005 installed

11. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

It's been many years since I've used MF myself, so I'm not a big help. @Noble Zarkon can probably help you. If I recall you need to sync up the folders in the options. Check the BUG options (Map tab) in game and make sure everything is pointed to right place. I can't remember if there are MF options as well, but you should check for that too.