HOF V3 - "From Here to Eternity"

My understanding though is we can still move ships that are not submarines and are at sea a max of 4 tiles for the preturn.

That is correct, but Sully will get to move any 3 ships their full movement
because of the German mistake.

We do..Are you able to commit to 6+ month long game and play the turns in a timely manner? The Minor Allies though not the sexiest of the Allied nations..plays a key role in fighting off the Japanese. Have you read the Developer notes? This is a complex game. But if you read the notes and can commit to a long game then....I'd think we'd all like to add a new player to the HOF Fold!

I asked to join Eric's first Mod..Typhoon of Steel which became the foundation of HOF. I was glad he accepted me to take the Japanese several years ago! I promptly got blasted in that game. But it got me hooked and I have had HOURS of great play since.

So if you can commit for the long term...I say welcome. But Eric has the final say..so ask him!
Cheers!

Sully

The game length sounds fine :) As for turnaround times, I should usually be able to post a save within 24 hours.

I have read the developer notes. There's some complicated stuff in there, but it should be manageable.

Elephantium check your PM´s.

Hi Guys,

i will go on hollyday for 4 days (wednesday-sunday).
I hope i will be able to play my turn before to go ...

Otherwise, you'll have to wait... because this first action turn is so important for Japan... and that i want to play it myself !!!

hope you'll understand in case of wait

I have the save and I will D/L the art files and play tomorrow. It's just been a bit busy, and I have a backlog of civ to catch up on. Don't worry, if somebody ever GPSes me I don't get it, I will say so.

Played.
Several Commonwealth planes are redlined in Malta, although none are destroyed.
Lots of failed bombing runs near Sevastopol.
Artillery bombardments in Africa fail.
Cavalry destroyed by an invisible unit on the Serbian coast.

Huu., there was suposed to be no action or movement this turn Bowsling....this is the pre-turn....you are allowed only to set up production and so on, not even movement on units is allowed (except for those ships already at sea).....

Agreed so Bowsling...you need to redo your turn without moves and resend. And please be sure to read the game rules completely. There are quite a few restrictions that we all have to be aware of. Not throwing stones here. But this is a fairly complex game. Eric has done a good job with the game notes/rules plus rehashing some of the more important aspects at the beginning of the two threads involving HOF. But glad you got the game up and running!! I look forward to killing your troops on the sands of North Africa!!! :) Cheers and welcome to the game!
Sully

And to just remind all about combat results reporting once the fighting kicks in. It is the attackers responsibilty to report all aspects of combat to include the units, the defenders attacked, the location of such attacks, and results.

Now at sea it can be difficult but the location should have the number of tiles from some sort of landmark. If this isn't clear then see the previous game threads for examples.

Plus Muz knows the ropes so others can see his post on his next turn too!
Sully

What? None of the rules posts mentioned anything about that. Oh well, I guess I'll play again.

Am I allowed to fortify units?

And as per battle logs, it can be quite difficult to identify every victim of bombing. But I'll try my best :)

The Japanese have completed researching the tech ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) and have located and bracketed my carrier battlegroups south of Pearl Harbor. Nagumo’s carrier force plus additional vessels will have their day in the sun.

Ignoring the obvious fact that Admiral Kimmel would have sortied the Pacific Fleet out of Pearl Harbor to meet this threat, or that Admiral Halsey would have ordered his vessels to move at a speed faster than 5 knots we of course have to stick by the rules.

By order of the Department of the Navy
CV-6, USS Enterprise hereby re-designated as CV-1, USS Langley
Admiral Halsey has been transferred from Carrier Battle Group Langley to Charleston Navy Yard, Charleston, SC. He is assigned temporary duty to evaluate carrier ops in the Atlantic.

gps eric A

What? None of the rules posts mentioned anything about that. Oh well, I guess I'll play again.

Am I allowed to fortify units?
I went back and looked; it wasn't mentioned at all in the "rules posts" at the start of the thread. If you look on page 2, post #53, though, you'll see a list of "pre-turn restrictions".

(@eric: It's too late for THIS game, but for the next one, may I suggest including rules for the pre-turn at the start of the thread? I think they'd be less likely to be overlooked :))

And as per battle logs, it can be quite difficult to identify every victim of bombing. But I'll try my best :)

Good luck with keeping IDs on bombing targets. It could easily be done by right-clicking on the square before the bomb run, writing down the top unit, and then marking HP lost after the bomb run ... but that's bloody tedious if you're running dozens of air missions :(

It's easier on open ground -- at least then you can right-click to see the whole stack and take note of that before bombing, then compare notes again after the bombing runs are over. In cities, though, it's not quite so easy.

By order of the Department of the Navy
CV-6, USS Enterprise hereby re-designated as CV-1, USS Langley
Admiral Halsey has been transferred from Carrier Battle Group Langley to Charleston Navy Yard, Charleston, SC. He is assigned temporary duty to evaluate carrier ops in the Atlantic.

gps eric A

I think I'd leave it as CV-6 Enterprise and christen CV-10 or CV-12 (or 16, or 18) as the new Enterprise ;)

Top Bottom