Holy...Political Compass in Chinese!!!

Their public law is pretty good

It looks good on paper, but in reality there's no such thing as a fair trial. Corruption and intimidation are rampant too.

Internet usage is not restricted to a sense, as China operates on an open market, therefore you can buy and sell all the stuff you want.

All the stuff you want that isn't "corrupting" or "decadent" or "destabilizing" or criticize the government :mischief:

Websites(Youtube coming foremost) are blocked. But then again, when California is putting bans on M-rated video games, and free music is rare, what is the problem?

The problem is the little matter of scale.

That said, I'm not a fan of censorship in California either, or anywhere else for that matter.

Of course, AFTER THE CRIME WAS COMMITTED. While the crime is being committed, all witnesses are aware of the guilty parties' guilt. Unless you are saying "Well its OK to break into someone's house and steal if you are starving" which is obviously nuts.
You are innocent until proven guilty through due process and a jury of your peers, if applicable. You don't carry a judge, attorneys, forensic scientists, or a jury around in your back pocket. THe person is arrested, but he is still presumes innocent.
Vigilante justice is never good.

Also, its why, in other countries, you have the freedom to be a criminal or fodder for one, which is part of the reason I call them totalitarian.
You have the freedom to be a criminal here to. You throw the word totalitarian around too much. Following due process of law is not totalitarian.

That would require basicaly re-doing all the voting machines so they include a keyboard. That will cost a ****load of money.

Keyboards are nasty. I recall a news article saying that it took a computer programmer less than 20 seconds to break the security of an electronic voting booth and had full access the votes it had stored in it, a few weeks before an election while they were testing the security for the thing.

WHILE they are robbing you and fleeing with your stuff or stealing from you, unless you are on drugs, there is nothing to misunderstand, unless you are taking a hallucinogen, you see someone robbing you, you kill them. I wouldn't necessarily morally support this kind of justice, but felons should not have the freedom of legal protection while committing a crime.

This is not the place to press this discussion, but I have already addressed this point earlier in your other thread, and had it promptly ignored, so here it is again.

Say you see an elderly person fumbling with your car door handle, looking like they were trying to get it open. You shoot them for trying to steal your car. In fact, you yourself was distracted, and wound up in isle C, rather than isle D, where your car really was. Or, the elderly person forgot his car was in isle D, rather than isle C, and made an honest mistake, and was wondering why their key doesn't work.

Capital punishment for a person with no intentions of theft who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, or even being in the right place at the wrong time?

This is not the place to press this discussion, but I have already addressed this point earlier in your other thread, and had it promptly ignored, so here it is again.

Say you see an elderly person fumbling with your car door handle, looking like they were trying to get it open. You shoot them for trying to steal your car. In fact, you yourself was distracted, and wound up in isle C, rather than isle D, where your car really was. Or, the elderly person forgot his car was in isle D, rather than isle C, and made an honest mistake, and was wondering why their key doesn't work.

Capital punishment for a person with no intentions of theft who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, or even being in the right place at the wrong time?

OK, that's not even on your property, therefore it makes no sense to shoot on sight, which would only be legal on your property. That said, if you told them it was your car and they then broke into it, the kill would be legitimate.

Top Bottom