Hoplite -VS- Numidian Mercenary

I think the key to success is that coastal fortress. Forget the rest. With enough coastal fortresses, the AI will meekly find someplace to die all on their own.

The only thing disappointing in the entire game, IMO, is that you can only build one per city. I guess the game designers had game balance in mind when they made that decision. Unlike armies, where you need a hundred to make any differnce in the game, coastal fortresses are game winners. I actually think they should classified as a small wonder.

Wrong thread? Wrong content? Nobody cares for coastal fortresses.

That was quite sarcastic. :lol:

Perhaps just a little sarcastic . . .

Now I need to dig up a picture of a coastal fortress so I can make it my icon . . .

Perhaps just a little sarcastic . . .

Now I need to dig up a picture of a coastal fortress so I can make it my icon . . .

try this
but, you know, icon sized.

on edit:

:thumbsup::thanx::thumbsup:

Thanks! I'll have to alternate between them and see which one nets me the most women . . .

Pity you can't use animated .gifs for avvies.

hoplite. no one bothers you until knights.

numidian mercenary is too expensive.

I've never played Carthage, but I would go hopilite. I don't see any particular reason to lash out at an enemy with a NM. Being less expensive isn't a huge advantage, but compared to an extra attack point on a spearman it is.

Definitely Hoplites.
Numidians aren't really worth the effort, and anyway Carthage isn't really suited to defensive warfare. They're seafaring.

:bump:
welcome to the Zombie thread, it dies off and slowly get buried under layers and layers of time... until, one day, it rises up from the grave to new life :D

anyway, hoplites.

:bump:
Welcome to the zombie thread, it dies off and slowly get buried under layers and layers of time... Until, one day, it rises up from the grave to new life :d

anyway, hoplites.

pincky and the brain!!!!

Hoplites all the way. A replacement for pikemen and musketmen, and cheaper than the Numidian Mercenary, I believe.

Top Bottom