How about "immigration events"?

AtlantaMarty

No longer active
How about every time that a nation builds a "settler colony" (i.e. a colony that involved extensive European settlement in real life, so colonies like Far Eastern Treaty Ports and Gold Coast wouldn't count), they loose 2 population from their capital, and 1 population from each of their two largest cities that are not the capital?

You could tie this into religious persecution as well, where if Protestant England persecutes Catholics, they go to the New World.

A cool event that could tie into this is the "Pennsylvania Dutch", which would be

If England has a settler colony in North America, and Southwest Germany/The Rhineland/Switzerland are involved in a war, there is a 10% chance for every turn of the war that a randomly selected city in the area will lose a population point to new world immigration, with the chance going up to 25% if the nations involved in the war are opposite religions.

The Pennsylvania Dutch are an American ethnicity of Southwest German origin that came here in the early 1700s because of war and religious tensions in the homeland.

You could also have a Huguenot event, where Catholic France persecuting its Protestant minorities makes them move to England (i.e. the population points lost in the French city are transferred to an English city), and the English city then gets some % of French culture.

Reactions: PiR
Top Bottom