How can i play an epic game with Corruption issues?

In my current game I built the FP and it cut overall corruption in my empire by 20 gold. The whole system is clearly %$#@ed though, as one city of mine about 6 squares from the FP has about 60% production and a similar city three more squares away loses all but one production. Boo!

Originally posted by doubtsalmon
Don't be fooled by all the people on these forums complaining so much about the "major" corruption bug. Most of the people that were complaining the most didn't even have the game yet. . For me the corruption bug is very minor and a low priority compared to the double income from trading bug and AI use of artillery.

I wouldn't say that building the FP and seeing your total wealth output DECREASE is a very minor and low priority bug.

Originally posted by Masquerouge

I wouldn't say that building the FP and seeing your total wealth output DECREASE is a very minor and low priority bug.

I absolutely agree with you Masquerouge,saying that corruption is a minor problem seems an ansuccessful coment to me,and i am saying this because until now a very important part of CIV3 was all about how to manage having a ''healthy'' and profitable economy.Buildings-trades-city governors where all about that.
Realy i don't understand why he did say that we souldn't fool others by telling that this bug is messing up the game for good.This is only the truth,i have played two epic games until now and certainly this bug was a major fault.

Why don't you just play with the corruption lowered in the editor until the patch comes out? I am doing this, skipping the FP and dealing with heavy corruption in faraway cities.

Yes but some say that by changing the corruption in the editor other things are messed up.So i haven't try to make any change(it's not that i have had the time to play many games).
Well,maybe you are right thow,maybe i sould check it out and see what hapens.

Try setting it to 80% and see what happens, that seemed to give me a good result. Maybe ppl are right about changes screwing things up, though, when I switched to democracy it seemed the corruption factor was virtually unchanged from Monarchy, though I was getting my commerce bonus. Communism corruption seemed to be about right, though (considering the lack of FP).

Top Bottom