How do I download RFC Europe

frozenmustard

Chieftain
Hi, I have a Windows Vista. I want to get RFC Europe, I have not ever downloaded anything to my civilization game (and have no idea how). Do I need a patch for BTS? By the way I have civ 4 complete. Where do I download it? Where does the downloaded file go after it is downloaded?

First of all, you need the most recent patch for BtS, which is 3.19. You can update in-game or do it manually, which seems to cause less troubles.

Then, go to the sticky thread in this Forum (RFCE Starting Information), here you can find the download link for the mod. Extract into your ...Civ 4\BtS\Mods folder, so it looks like Civ 4\BtS\Mods\RFC Europe.

Be sure the language in your BtS is English, else the mod wont work.

I'd absolutely recommend to download the patch manually, which you can find here. Also, the mod must be extracted in the "Program files" folder in stead of the "My games" folder.

Ok, so I downloaded the BTS 3.19 patch. I can tell it worked because their is a new scenario and changes in the game. I went to the sticky thread and downloaded the RFC Europe from its link. I did not find any option to download the files to a certain place. I found the files on my computer. I found files called things like Burgundy but I can not find anything on my computer or the game with the option to play the game.

Is there a Civ 4 non BtS download, when I had BtS, it was awesome, so now, w/o it, I would still like to have RFC:Europe.

Is there a Civ 4 non BtS download, when I had BtS, it was awesome, so now, w/o it, I would still like to have RFC:Europe.

if you don't have the disc but still have it installed download 3.19 and it removes the CD check

Now I have BtS, but every time I try to unzip RFC:E, it always says it can't find Progam Files/2K/Firaxis/CivComplete/BtS/Mods

Now I have BtS, but every time I try to unzip RFC:E, it always says it can't find Progam Files/2K/Firaxis/CivComplete/BtS/Mods

The .zip file contains only one folder RFCEurope. What you need to do is find where CivIV is installed on your computer and put the RFCEurope folder in Beyond the Sword/Mods (usually Program Files/2K Games/Firaxis/CivIV/Beyond the Sword/Mods). Then you can play by double-click on RFCEurope/Public Maps/RFCEurope.CivWorldBuilder.

You can make a shortcut on your desktop to make the last part easier.

The .zip file contains only one folder RFCEurope. What you need to do is find where CivIV is installed on your computer and put the RFCEurope folder in Beyond the Sword/Mods (usually Program Files/2K Games/Firaxis/CivIV/Beyond the Sword/Mods). Then you can play by double-click on RFCEurope/Public Maps/RFCEurope.CivWorldBuilder.

You can make a shortcut on your desktop to make the last part easier.

It can't unzip at all.

Extracting to "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Unable to process "RFCEurope\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\movies\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\movies\era\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\movies\era\era01-classical.dds".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\movies\era\era02-medeival.dds".
Not permitted or able to create an output directory.

This is what it said.

Where is Beta 4? It is not on sourceforge and I don't think I have missed a post on the forum.

It isn't there yet. We are working on it.

Let me say it in other words, the next version will have a shortcut.

It isn't there yet. We are working on it.

Let me say it in other words, the next version will have a shortcut.

That makes sense. The next question then is whether you managed to fix the Muslim spawn bug. Last time I checked with the SVN, one couldn't start a game with any of the Muslim nations. That and other random graphics bugs makes me thing we should take a step or two back, revert to beta 3 and redo the changes since then (testing them one at a time). I have some time now and it shouldn't take long.

I found a few bugs in the Beta 3, but since the SVN i snot really playable, I cannot see if they are fixed.

Ican start the Arabs without a problem. ((revision 503) Ok, there were some "bugs". Before playing the autoturns, I got in the technology advisor screen. And when the autoturns are over, I can't select my units, but when I do alt-tab (and again), I can start the game.

Backuped the Python and XML files I changed. The only thing I'm worried about is that I do something wrong with the art files. (I can't realy see the "changelog" of them)

Extracting to "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Unable to process "RFCEurope\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\movies\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\movies\era\".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\movies\era\era01-classical.dds".
Unable to process "RFCEurope\Assets\Art\movies\era\era02-medeival.dds".
Not permitted or able to create an output directory.

This is what it said.

Maybe you should unzip it first in another folder, for example the My Documents folder. For some strange reason Windows Vista and Windows 7 prohibit the user from extracting a zip file in the Program Files directory. Presuming you have one of these versions of Windows installed.

Maybe you should unzip it first in another folder, for example the My Documents folder. For some strange reason Windows Vista and Windows 7 prohibit the user from extracting a zip file in the Program Files directory. Presuming you have one of these versions of Windows installed.

Either that, or you have a corrupt download. You can try to re-download the file.

Ican start the Arabs without a problem. ((revision 503) Ok, there were some "bugs". Before playing the autoturns, I got in the technology advisor screen. And when the autoturns are over, I can't select my units, but when I do alt-tab (and again), I can start the game.

Backuped the Python and XML files I changed. The only thing I'm worried about is that I do something wrong with the art files. (I can't realy see the "changelog" of them)

The Muslim issue causes a break in Python and this usually cascaded to other modules making the game unplayable. I don't know where the issue is, the game crashes outside of your code and I couldn't trace the problem.

Now I have to see how to make a list of the changes already made and then start redoing them. With your permission (if you have backed up everything) I will overwrite the files in the SVN. Either that, or I will have to see how to revert them back (I am not that good with SVN).

Top Bottom