• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

How do I get Blitz?

cabbagemeister

Please wait...
So I'd really like to give Blitz to my Combat 5, Drill 4, City Raider 2, March, Mobility, Sheut stone-equipped, Commando Vampire Eidolon (I LOVE vampires by the way). He probably can't be slowed down by anything short of the Meshabber, so he might as well kill two units per turn. The 'pedia says that disciple units are Blitz-eligible with Military Strategy. I have the Military Strategy tech, but Blitz is not available as an option when the Uber-Eidolon has a promotion available. What am I missing?

Is the promotion unavailable because the unit does not have two base movement? I think this might be a requirement for Blitz in the core game, but with Mobility (and Haste) being so easily accessible for units in FfH, it seems like Blitz shouldn't require two base movement.

base Movement of the Unit needs to be above 1 at present so not in the regular way for Eidolons sadly.

The only way around it i know of whould be to mutate a living unit until you get one with blitz and later promote that one to an Eidolon. This one works for sure but requires a lot of micromanagement + hatching.

Maybe that will be changed so units with more than one Move can take blitz regardless of their base moves. We will see...

Otherwise try to get Orthus Axe and equip your Eidolon with it. Not Blitz but same effect. (For one Unit only sadly.)

The SDK still includes a check that requires a unit have a base movement of 2 or more in order to get Blitz. This made sense in vanilla/BtS where units couldn't get extra movement anyway, but is out of place here. Xienwolf's xml modcomp fixes this, but unfortunately it may be a while until he releases a version compatible with post 3.17 patch FfH.

Top Bottom