How do I get out of "mutinous" stability when the base stability value keeps changing?

CoconutTank

Unapologetic Warmonger
Supporter
So, this is technically the 2nd time this has happened to me now, but during late game, my empire hits a bad patch and suddenly has very bad stability for awhile. Okay fine, then I'll build stuff to increase stability for a bit... except the cities stay in a mutinous state for the rest of the game. There's endless revolutions, and the cities stop building anything that doesn't provide stability. Anyone know why it's like this, and what I should be doing differently to address it?

Here's an example; Assur is 1 turn away from finishing a Garrison:
The UI reports that the stability gains and losses are exactly equal... well okay, then finishing that Garrison should ideally improve Assur's stability, and it should start digging itself out of mutiny.

But this is what the UI looks like on the next turn:
Uh that's kind of weird. Gains from district went up by 13, but base value dropped by 7 and loss from exploitation went up by 6. Assur remains at 0 net stability, and I'm not sure what I can do to fix this.

Going to bump this real quick; anyone able to tell what is going on in these pictures? My cities were completely fine before they dipped to 0% stability, so it's not clear why placing more stability districts isn't helping.

I used to know this, but my knowledge is confused by mods and other builds, so I‘m sorry but I can‘t tell you exactly what‘s happening.

what I remember is that base value is just a dummy variable to get stability to where it should be (between 0 and 100). Since it is so high, it implies that you would need ~800 more stability to get above 0 (can this be true?). I assume you got into this situation through local & global pollution combined with the loss of many luxuries. But pollution doesn’t show under losses, so I‘m not even sure of that.

I used to know this, but my knowledge is confused by mods and other builds, so I‘m sorry but I can‘t tell you exactly what‘s happening.

what I remember is that base value is just a dummy variable to get stability to where it should be (between 0 and 100). Since it is so high, it implies that you would need ~800 more stability to get above 0 (can this be true?). I assume you got into this situation through local & global pollution combined with the loss of many luxuries. But pollution doesn’t show under losses, so I‘m not even sure of that.
I don't think it's due to pollution, since I'm actually net negative on pollution from over-building Nature Reserves (I really like the addition of Nature Reserves b/c of this btw). I did get into a pretty bad spot earlier; I had to pay 20k gold to pirates when a heroic attempt to deal with them failed, and I only had 500 gold at the time, so I ended up being in negative gold for ~15 turns or more. I don't think this is due to luxuries either, since I don't think I bought anything from anyone else that game (nobody would sell me anything anyway).

Top Bottom