How do you install a mod?

ClasuSiosa

Thespian of the Sword
Ive tried to install the buccaneers mod and i cant get it to run. I put the core code stuff in the "Custom Mods" folder and the XML in the "Custom Assets" folder and i get a lot of XML errors. What did i do wrong. Ive used mods in BTS and they worked fine so whats different?

PS. Sorry if i put this in the wrong forum.

Ive tried to install the buccaneers mod and i cant get it to run. I put the core code stuff in the "Custom Mods" folder and the XML in the "Custom Assets" folder and i get a lot of XML errors. What did i do wrong. Ive used mods in BTS and they worked fine so whats different?

Which XML errors are you getting?

You should not install mods this way.

There should be 2 folders containing Colonization data- something like:

"C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization"

And something like:

"C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization" (might be under app data- this is the Windows 7 style path)

Mods should be installed to "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods".

This folder does not exist, however (since unlike Civ 4, Col comes with no mods), so you need to create it. Then install all mods there.

EDIT: I think I'm going to make a tutorial thread about this, as this is a fairly common question.

Wait do i dump everything in the "MODS" folder? Or does some of the stuff go elsewhere? I dumped it all in mods and the exact same set of xml errors. Note i did accedently delete everything in the custom assets folder.

EDIT: Got it now, just had to get a patch (1.1 or something).

Top Bottom