How does Persia produce Pikemen with a movement value of '3'?

There pasiv is when they have a Golden Age all Units get +1 Ms and 10% combatbonus.

You can see the Bonus +10% on the pikeman.

The extra movement come from his UA. During a golden age, all their units gain 1 extra move.

One of the greatest UA btw.

Persian units have +1 movement during golden ages. This is part of persia's UA.

Nah it's good for the player, too. Being able to move archers up on top of a hill and still fire in that same turn or setting up siege and firing in the same turn makes a huge difference.

Plus at the time of Pikes you can just blitz no matter the terrain during a GA

Nah it's good for the player, too. Being able to move archers up on top of a hill and still fire in that same turn or setting up siege and firing in the same turn makes a huge difference.

I figured it would be really hard to get a Golden Age spam that early, though. Great Artist spam doesn't seem to go off til Freedom.

You don't need unlimited GA's for it to be useful. The early game ages are fairly predictable and with some careful planning, you can time out policies/wonders/artists.

From a defensive war viewpoint I suppose it can seem too reliant on luck. Either the AI attacks during a GA or it doesn't.

From a defensive war viewpoint I suppose it can seem too reliant on luck. Either the AI attacks during a GA or it doesn't.

I don't know if you can do this on G&K or not, but on a vanilla GMR game I'm in as Persia, I'm keeping a spare great person just in case I get into a war, so I can start a golden age. :D

In G&K, only works with Great Artist (GA is only GP that can start a GA in G&K).

Indeed, IIRC in G&K Golden Ages are always 10 turns, boosted to 15 with their UA. It's very useful, and really makes stacking tons of happiness a very viable strat.

Persia is one of my favourites to play....with a bit of planning you can do a lot of damage with an early Golden Age....

And Chichen Itza is pretty well a "must-have" when I'm playing as Darius.... In fact, if it is a marginal game and I get scooped on Chichen Itza, I'll often just pack it in....the games become rather "uninteresting" without it... ;)

Top Bottom