[NFP] How frequent are meteor strikes?

cuso210

Warlord
I've played two games with New Frontier, one single player and currently multiplayer. In the first game, I saw a metor shower near a neighbor's city, and then I've seen none, being in the industrial era. In the multiplayer one, I haven't seen one in 100 turns. Are they that rare, or maybe a mod is interfering with it? To be clear, the only mods I use are UI ones, like colorized historic moments, concise ui, more lenses, unique district icons, nothing that changes gameplay

They are pretty rare. But I think you need vision of the tile to see it happen and the tile must be uninhabited, so depending on your empire and alliances etc you may not see the ones that do fall in your game.

comets, on the other hand...

I saw at least five or six of them in my last game, but there was a lot of open space as civs were fairly spread out. I was playing on Disaster Intensity 4, which probably contributed.

In 4 games started and played to Turn 75 - 100, have only seen one, and that one, as it happened, hit a few tiles away from my neighbor's territory, but also only a few tiles from one of my Scouts, so I managed to reap the benefit - which was a Chariot unit on Turn 30 or so of the game, before I had even researched the Wheel!

This will definitely take some getting used to . . .

I got one around T15 yesterday. It was a pain to avoid until I got to knights ... my sleepy hollow.
I’ll check out the frequency and get back.

They are deemed "Meteor Showers" and the only info I can find on them is the maximum occurrences per game is 3,4,6,10,15 or20. depending on severity
They are guaranteed to pillage improvements and districts
I did not realise fires had short term yields.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are guaranteed to pillage improvements and districts
How can they pillage anything when they only land in unclaimed territory?

How can they pillage anything when they only land in unclaimed territory?
I haven’t seen it, but it’s possible if they land in a tile next to one with a district or improvement.

I haven’t seen it, but it’s possible if they land in a tile next to one with a district or improvement.
Possibly. I haven't seen such a thing, either; all the ones I've seen were in the middle of nowhere.

They seem to be well paced on small maps I play. Not too few, not too many. Worth chasing, the production value is nothing to look down at. Except if you want to stay on Genghis' good side.

Top Bottom