1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

How is LAN multiplayer nowadays?

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: Multiplayer and Let's Play' started by Scribblette, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Scribblette

Scribblette Chieftain

Are the instructions here still valid and OOS issues should be expected, or have things improved since then for LAN multiplayer?

I just got my wife and kids into Civ 4 and while we're having a good vanilla BTS game now, I'm looking forward to being able to offer them a mix up on the next go where the future era becomes a bit more hopeful - climate change / global warming is a gloomy thing in Civ 4 by default and it seems there's nothing that can be done to reverse it. So that aspect of the future techs in A New Dawn is something I was looking forward to, along with all the other goodies along the way.

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

It's a long time there have been no changes to the core of RAND, and a couple of years that I don't play multiplayer seriously, but the situation is always the same; it's playable but depending on options you might encounter OOS problems. Best option is to follow my advices in the other thread in this subforum