How is LAN multiplayer nowadays?

Scribblette

Chieftain
Are the instructions here still valid and OOS issues should be expected, or have things improved since then for LAN multiplayer?

I just got my wife and kids into Civ 4 and while we're having a good vanilla BTS game now, I'm looking forward to being able to offer them a mix up on the next go where the future era becomes a bit more hopeful - climate change / global warming is a gloomy thing in Civ 4 by default and it seems there's nothing that can be done to reverse it. So that aspect of the future techs in A New Dawn is something I was looking forward to, along with all the other goodies along the way.

Are the instructions here still valid and OOS issues should be expected, or have things improved since then for LAN multiplayer?

I just got my wife and kids into Civ 4 and while we're having a good vanilla BTS game now, I'm looking forward to being able to offer them a mix up on the next go where the future era becomes a bit more hopeful - climate change / global warming is a gloomy thing in Civ 4 by default and it seems there's nothing that can be done to reverse it. So that aspect of the future techs in A New Dawn is something I was looking forward to, along with all the other goodies along the way.

It's a long time there have been no changes to the core of RAND, and a couple of years that I don't play multiplayer seriously, but the situation is always the same; it's playable but depending on options you might encounter OOS problems. Best option is to follow my advices in the other thread in this subforum

Well, I'm trying a new game with rev1094 with my wife and so far we're at turn 385/600 (blitz speed) and we only had 5 OOS in the entire game, we're halfway in the industrial era. I'll post some more news when we progress or eventually finish the game.

Around turn 470/600, all looks fine. We had an OOS but now there's 3 of us playing (I'm playing with my wife and my son). I also tried importing some fixes from CoM dll which I haven't released yet; it looks they're working properly and improving the game. In a single turn we built Penicillin, had a revolution in a city, an event and a city joined my empire and it didn't cause any OOS. I'm very positive the game is becoming more stable in MP.

Top Bottom