How is your favorite football team doing?

Time to bump this thread. For the wrong reasons though. Turns out 'my' team is turning again into the known 'depp' (idiot)...after having less than optimal results in the Bundesliga, they now decided to fire coach Hans Meyer. :(

This is just crap after what he has achieved with this sort of team. (winning the cup after ages, getting them to finish 6th last season and being still part of the UEFA cup against Benfica this Thursday). Well, soccer has lost its soul ages ago and this is just the business, media playing their part as well (as the coach was a funny, straight talking who made fun of the brainless media whores).

I lost all the excitement I had for this week's UEFA cup game and the rest of the season. I personally rather get my team relegated with this coach than hiring some guy who probably won't turn things around in a better way anyway.

Boo to the management of Nuernberg :shake:

runs off for lunch in anger :mad:

Yes, it seems usual business nowadays to forget past achievements of coaches and judge them on results of the last 5 games. Short-term thinking for the win! :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt that Sir Alex Ferguson would make it as a first time coach now, considering the mentality of teams wanting success immediately. Just look at Newcastle in England to see how impatient fans are. Even with removing the previous coach, has not improved things.

I seriously doubt that Sir Alex Ferguson would make it as a first time coach now, considering the mentality of teams wanting success immediately. Just look at Newcastle in England to see how impatient fans are. Even with removing the previous coach, has not improved things.

That's becoming more and more prevalent in every sport though...

You know, Newcastle so deserve it to get relegated this season...I am happy every time they lose now...the fans are crazy there, thinking their team should be getting a champions league position? Or look a Chelsea, did things really change under the new coach? To me, they play the same old boring football. I admire teams like Arsenal or Man U with coaches being there since ages, playing attractive football.

As for Nuernberg, the fans did really 'love' this coach. It is the upper sick management that sacked him. If only all fans would just boycott the next home game and assemble outside the arena to celebrate the old coach. Now, that would be something...just that it will not happen.

TheRat:
It has to be said, though, that Meyer himself had made some statements which suggested that he was running short on ideas and might go soon.

The timing of the sacking couldn't have been worse, in any case, and Meyer clearly deserved a better exit than that (apparently the media knew of the dismissal before he did. Disgraceful!).

Now that the Club's claim to the "Depp" title has been stained by winning the league cup, things would be back in order if it gets relegated and the Teebeutel managed to get themselves promoted...

Personally, i would love it, just love it if Ne------e went down this season.

Didn't expect owt from Pompey away, to be fair. Haven't read the rest of the thread, we are talking about the beautiful game, right?

Impressive feat by my team last night. They last the first game of the quarter final of the Belgian cup against a second league team after a horrible match with 5-1. Last night was the second game and guess what, they won 4-0! :goodjob:

Winning 4-0 against a second league team doesn't seem like something extra-ordinary, but doing it while it's absolutly necessary te reach the next round is something else. On top of that the opponent was a team that is battling for promotion this year and had already kicked two first league teams out of the cup. Great display, I'm happy. :)

Time to bump this thread again. The season is finally over and Nuernberg got relegated. :hammer2:

Well, after sacking the previous coach, things didn't turn any better. In fact the new coach is only good in making 'manager' type of statements. Worst of all, they want to keep that loser for the 2. Liga...

Next season, we get to enjoy a lot of derbys against Bavarian clubs, also nice. And for the record, Munich did everything they could this season to support Nuernberg. But, it was a lost cause...How easy to be a supporter of Man U and the like...how 'great' to support Nuernberg, the only team that got relegated after being champions and now cup winners as well. well done

Time to bump this thread again. The season is finally over and Nuernberg got relegated. :hammer2:

Well, after sacking the previous coach, things didn't turn any better. In fact the new coach is only good in making 'manager' type of statements. Worst of all, they want to keep that loser for the 2. Liga...

Next season, we get to enjoy a lot of derbys against Bavarian clubs, also nice. And for the record, Munich did everything they could this season to support Nuernberg. But, it was a lost cause...How easy to be a supporter of Man U and the like...how 'great' to support Nuernberg, the only team that got relegated after being champions and now cup winners as well. well done

Time to look for a billionaire to get back?

At least Führt didn't get promoted. We've been spared the ultimate humiliation.
Nürnberg will be back up soon enough. They aren't called "elevator team" for nothing, after all (no other team in the history of the league has been relegated/promoted more often).

The current coach doesn't convince me, but i don't see many alternatives. Knowing the Glubb, we'll sign Doll and get relegated into the third division...

MyPa is currently 5th in Veikkausliiga, after 6 matches. This Thursday we shall beat FC Lahti. :D

Pretty surprising first matches, last year's champion Tampere United is 13th(14 team in Veikkausliiga). FC Haka, one of the most succesful Finnish clubs ever, is having big problems(their defense sucks ATM, and they're having big financial crisis too(MyPa may get to Intertoto Cup if Haka can't participate in UEFA Cup(TPS goes to UEFA Cup then, and MyPa goes to Intertoto))), and is 11th. RoPS, promoted to Veikkausliiga this season, is 7th, and RoPS was expected to battle against relegation(they have couple of very skilled Zambians, like Nchimunya Mweetwa and Chanda Mwaba, and 38-years old Zeddy Saileti).

MyPa is currently 5th in Veikkausliiga, after 6 matches. This Thursday we shall beat FC Lahti. :D

Pretty surprising first matches, last year's champion Tampere United is 13th(14 team in Veikkausliiga). FC Haka, one of the most succesful Finnish clubs ever, is having big problems(their defense sucks ATM, and they're having big financial crisis too(MyPa may get to Intertoto Cup if Haka can't participate in UEFA Cup(TPS goes to UEFA Cup then, and MyPa goes to Intertoto))), and is 11th. RoPS, promoted to Veikkausliiga this season, is 7th, and RoPS was expected to battle against relegation(they have couple of very skilled Zambians, like Nchimunya Mweetwa and Chanda Mwaba, and 38-years old Zeddy Saileti).

you got a football league in finnland?

Sure, why not!

And it's not as crappy as someone would think! Tampere United won CSKA Sofia last year in UCL Qualifications, MyPa won Dundee United in UEFA Cup couple of years ago etc.

Sure, why not!

And it's not as crappy as someone would think! Tampere United won CSKA Sofia last year in UCL Qualifications, MyPa won Dundee United in UEFA Cup couple of years ago etc.

really? the austrian one is as crappy as someone would think. the clubs that arent bankrupt perform badly and things like youth academies only exist rudimentarily...

Top Bottom