How long have I been playing this game ...

whoward69

DLL Minion
Never ceases to amaze me how many bugs there are in it!

Never noticed this one before

Shanghai is built on a hill, the crossbow men can hit any of the barbies. Not unreasonable as we can assume the crossbow men are on top of the city hill - nothing wrong with that ...

XBowLos.jpg

But a more interesting question is why can the galleass also hit the two furthest units? How did that get to the top of the city hill???
GalleassLos.jpg

It's crazy to me that you still play the game at all, now it's just a subject for the metagame that is modding.

...can we expect an update to the VMC that adjusts naval range when in cities? :)

Why would you possibly think that ...

Attachments

• NoHarboursOnHills.jpg
    NoHarboursOnHills.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 56
  • GarrisonsOnHills.jpg
    GarrisonsOnHills.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 55
now it's just a subject for the metagame that is modding.

Very true. But every now and again you have to actually play the game to work out what you're going to mod next!

If I had my preference, naval units would not be able to enter cities on hills - period. To mitigate it, workers could build forts/coastal defense on flat terrain and use aspects of your Passable Forts mod. Alternately (or in addition), cities one tile away from a coast could build a harbor tile on adjacent flat coastal land and be able to build naval units from that tile (similar to Civ VI but only adjacent to the city).

I use both your Lighthouse near Sea and Passable Forts mods in my TC (which is being built from the ground up using your TC - Minimal lol). That's already a tremendous improvement. Anything extra is just gravy. :D

I used a logic here:

whole city is on a hill -> dock is in the city -> dock must be on the hill -> galleass is in the dock -> galleass is in the dock on the hill in the city on the hill -> galleass is on the hill

simple ;]

besides, galleass' "bullets" are powder propelled, so are supposed to fly further than bolt of a crossbow, so even while galleas is not on a hill, the range should be the same as that of a crossbowman on a hill, me thinks...

Last edited:
Top Bottom