How long will YOU give Firaxis?

How long will you give Firaxis to fix this MAJOR problem?

• I'm on my way back to the store tonight

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • You got till morning

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • 24 hours

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • 48 hours

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • 1 week

Votes: 53 39.0%
  • 1 month

Votes: 48 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
erm. its probably because your computer doesnt meet the recommended spec. not anything to do with them.. haha

allism said:
I agree with you moving this thread out of the bugs forum. But I don't feel Firaxis is being responsive to bugs that many many people are reporting.
Debugging software is a pain in the a*se made only more painful by having to break your concentration, go a tell some one that it isn't fixed yet but you are working on it and then trying to get back to where you were before you were interrupted (i.e. break your concetration to give someone no news what so ever). Give them some time, they'll fix it.
P.S: I haven't got the game yet, I'd probably be a bit more annoyed if I had, especaily if I'd taken time of work to play the game but they're doing their best

FattyLumpkin said:
People should return the game, no matter how much time it takes, if they feel they have been slighted. I will be keeping mine. Call of Duty 2 came out today and I will be back and forth between the two games. My nVidia 6800GT is freezing up after playing for a while (odd colors actually) so after 2-3 of those I bag it and play CoD2. Were it not for CoD2 I might be more annoyed. I understand those who are upset. They should be.
OH CRAP!:mad: ....same card. I guess I'll be playing CoD2 like you...

While we do not have video card issues, and have a huge amount of video and user RAM (over 2 Gig), we still sympathize with those having problems running the game. Hopefully the programmers will quickly provide a patch to solve the most critical issues. I think one week is a reasonable length of time, given that this is a $50 program.

no, NEVER IN A MILLION years choice???? Civ 4 rules :)

Run's flawlessly on my rig
Athlon 1.24Ghz
1Gb Ram
ATI Radeon 9600 Atlantis
SB Audigy

Did you guys try uninstalling ALL of your video componets and reinstalling with new drivers. (Note: sould do this every year at least. and don't install new driver over old ones... EVER)

DennisFord said:
I figure Firaxis has about 24 hours before I go back and throw this game at Best Buy. I know its not thier fault, but s**t rolls down hill.

How long will all of you give Firaxis to have a fix out for the graphic problems before you also return the game?

UPDATE (since this has been moved to General Discussions instead of bugs)

This is relevant to whatever bug it is that is affecting SO many video cards.

I'd also likely give them 48 hours ;)

Firaxis is notoriously bad about fixing their graphics problems. They'll likely find something to fix this one though as lots and lots of people are having it. I'm reminded of the problem I had with Civ 3 and the black screens. It was a problem alot of people had. Firaxis never fixed it, ever, in all of the game versions or patches that came out. Fortunately one customer of theirs had the knowledge to write a driver that would fix it and published it on the web. It was very sad that Firaxis never did this themselves.

DennisFord said:
I can't believe I'm gonna have to pay over $100 and wait a week to get a new video card for this game. Not when I already have a top of the line 256mb GeForce 5200. It seems the card most likely to work without problems so far has been the Radeon 9800. Anyone else know any more good ones?
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but the 5200 is about as far from top end as you can get these days without having integrated graphics. It is the model number which is important and not the amount of VRAM. That card will never come close to fully utilising 256MB.

Having said that, it should still work with civ 4. Have you tried updating drivers?

Btw, a more cost effective way to upgrade may be to increase your system RAM depending on what you have already.

DennisFord said:
I figure Firaxis has about 24 hours before I go back and throw this game at Best Buy. I know its not thier fault, but s**t rolls down hill.

How long will all of you give Firaxis to have a fix out for the graphic problems before you also return the game?

UPDATE (since this has been moved to General Discussions instead of bugs)

This is relevant to whatever bug it is that is affecting SO many video cards.

I'd also likely give them 48 hours ;)

How long do I really care about this and other worthless and thoughtless, troll-like polls?

This long.

Alanb

i suppose its hard for dev teams to find bugs that affect these cards when they can really only judge it on the beta testers and the machines they have there. but im seeing these graphics cards problems more and more now, and some people are actually trying to fix future problems (like the people who work on the Omega drivers, which makes the game work for me and many other people) id assume most dev teams can fix this in about a week maybe 2 (lionhead fixed bnw2's graphics problem in under a week, something like 4 days)

I already went to ebgames and got my money back :)

If they ever fix it, I'll just buy it again, probably from the bargain bin.

returned mine right away. didn't want to wait and get screwed. like fuzzybunny, i'll buy it from the bargain bin in a few years when i need to get a new computer for other things as well. my suggestion: BE SURE you know it will run on your system, now or if it is ever fixed, before you buy.

I'd give them 2 weeks, but I voted 1. I want a lot of things improved, mostly the interface, so I'd give them 'til the first XP. If the next XP doesn't fix the interface or compensate for it with perfect new features and lots of new civs AND units, I will find out wherever Firaxis's HQ is and throw the game back at the building. But yes, the game is running VERY slow. I would say The Sims 2 has just as good if not better graphics, and it runs at lightspeed on my computer at the highest graphics settings. The same goes for The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth. I am really starting to get angry at the game.

I will finish up the game I'm running now to see how modern gameplay goes about, then I will probably not touch it until a patch or XP is released. :mad:

Top Bottom