How many of you will continue to play Civ2?

I was pretty sceptical about CivIV (what with its 3D engine, multi-entity units etc.) especially considering how disappointing I found CivIII. I've been pleasantly surprised however, by how like CivII it is.

It's certainly retained the classic Civ feel, something that CivIII lacked distinctly. As to whether I'll still play CivII - definately, it's a very special game and however good CivIV turns out to be, I've got to many great memories from CivII to give it up.

#Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemories, all alone in the...#

edit - typo

Colonel said:
The game certianly hasn't died its just that most of the people who still play it play less often and do it in sprees. One month you will be hooked to Civ2 then another month play a different game and then back to Civ3 then later Civ2 again.
Bingo!

XCL

When I bought a new PC last year finally replacing the old 166 MHz Pentium :rolleyes: I finally had the opportunity to buy CIV 3, so I actually played CIV 2 rather late every now and then (never was an expert but not a newbie either). So I took the old PC to my parent's house. Being the most powerful machine over there, I have still played some CIV 2 games when having longer visits :)

Funniest part is that my nephew finds the game very interesting despise it's old outlook. I tought him the basics and he has played some games when visiting. I've pondered if I should buy him CIV 4 as a christmas present :)

i never really played civ1 but i saw a screenshot in an old magazine of civII and instantly thought: I MUST HAVE IT!! about 8 years passed (almost in a flash) and then shock horror: civIII announced. I couldn't resist, but once i had played it i went straight back to civII.

However, last year i went back to civIII and found i loved it once i had gotten used to it. now civIV is out and i have bought it because its civ! and im still playing civ2 now!! civ4 looks ok but it just doent have the same charm as civ2. anyone who started civing with civ2 compares the other games to it. civilisation is the greatest series ever so i feel i have to play all of the games in the series in order to get the full experience, but civ2 is still the greatest because of its charm, siplicity and addictiveness. I will carry on playing it forever!

I'll probably still load up a game of Civ2 every now and then, even though I think Civ4 is better. The many scenarios for Civ2 are still fun to play. :)

The day I decide to upgrade my 2000 iBook for a more recent model is the day I stop playing Civ 2 forever, which is not going to be anytime soon as I'm dirt poor and would rather spend that kind of money on a far better gaming PC.

I like Civ 4 in a way that I never liked Civ 3. Civ 4 will definately cut into my civ 2 time. Civ 4 reminds me of all the good things in Civ 2.

I recently got back into CivII after not having it for a couple years. I still find the game addicting as ever. I tried playing Civ III and IV, but they don't work all that well on my computer, so I'll stick with CivII for now.

I'm not even up to civ2 yet. Sadly, I'm like a guy who got stuck in the wrong generation.. Because I'm 16 I *should* be out there with my friends playing counterstrike and whatnot. But since 2003 when I discovered civ1 I have been playing it 24/7. And I definetely won't be starting civ2 within this decade.

:( Sometimes I wish I was born 10 years earlier.

I'm in the midst of a Civ II: Test of Time game right now. I'm playing the science fiction game (the Uridian faction); it's not even the equivalent of year 0 yet, and I'm already rapidly expanding my cities on Naumachia and preparing for the aliens from Nona.

No strictly Earth-based Civ game could ever be as much fun as this! :D

It's a demon. Just don't go near it.

I adored civ 1, played civ 2 endlessly and started playing Civ 3 a month or so ago. To be honest ive only played civ 2 once in the last year.

To those that dont like Civ 3, just wondering why?.

Don't get us started - it clipped all the good stuff, added a bunch of flashy CPU-hogging junk, had tons of bugs that took a long time to fix, and pretended to be an improvement on Civ2. From what I've heard, Civ4 sounds like a much better attempt than Civ3, if your machine can handle it.

ElephantU said:
Don't get us started - it clipped all the good stuff, added a bunch of flashy CPU-hogging junk, had tons of bugs that took a long time to fix, and pretended to be an improvement on Civ2. From what I've heard, Civ4 sounds like a much better attempt than Civ3, if your machine can handle it.

Ahh well i only came to Civ 3 after all the patches and C3C so might have missed a few traumas. But i do like it tho i miss wonder movies and dont understand why 'power' rating taken out.

Civ 4..tried it only briefly so far, hated the graphics, found information hard to find.

Top Bottom