how the HELL can the AI be this powerful?

Unfortunately I don't. Below is a sample of the Vanilla Civ 4 Deity bonuses (from an old post long ago):

AI receives a 40% bonus to research and production (this is by far the most important bonus).

AI gets a 70% higher bonus versus animals, and a 40% higher bonus against barbarians

AI starts with 2 settlers, a scout, 2 workers and 4 defensive units

AI civic maintenance is 40% less

AI unit upkeep is 40% less

AI upgrade costs are 95% less

AI inflation is 80% less

AI war weariness is 80% less

AI starts with The Wheel, Hunting, Archery and Agriculture (if they don't already have them).

All AI have -1 to relations with human player.

does the ai on deity in ciV just not get a research bonus? that seems to be an obvious thing to fix, a COD would be much more worrisome if the ai at the highest levels consistently had a tech advantage.

does the ai on deity in ciV just not get a research bonus? that seems to be an obvious thing to fix, a COD would be much more worrisome if the ai at the highest levels consistently had a tech advantage.

From alpaca's xml list, it looks like there is no modifier to research costs.

Naturally, that list is ridiculously hard to read. I am probably wrong :lol:

You're the one who doubted my claim and asked for proof. Next game I play, I'll screenshot every list of happy faces for you.

I was truly just joking Dralix! :lol:

Thanks, but I'm looking for real numbers, not anecdotal evidence, and post patch. My own experience post patch is that AI happiness is lower than it was, whether because of lowering bonuses or tweaking the AI.

You are going up against windmills, my friend. Either get on board with illogical rants or refrain from using logic and common sense. :)

From alpaca's xml list, it looks like there is no modifier to research costs.

Naturally, that list is ridiculously hard to read. I am probably wrong :lol:

I don't think they do. They get happiness and growth bonuses which indirectly create a slight science boost but they don't get any direct science benefits. Dunno why they removed those.

I'm not sure if the ResearchCost modifier applies to all players or just the human

Top Bottom