How to Create a Civilization in BTS

...er...you noticed the bunch of error messages which you get when you load your mod :D? these which say "Failed loading file"? -> that means the text is not loaded out of these files.

1) CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_BTS.xml, TXT_KEY_CIV_FINLAND_PEDIA is missing the /english end tag

2) CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml,
PHP:
	<TEXT>TXT_KEY_CIV_FINLAND_ADJECTIVE</Tag>

3) CIV4GameText_Cities_BTS.xml, you forgot all the
PHP:
<TEXT>
tags around your cities.

I tired, there's one error.
Failed Loading XML file cities.xml (the city file)
File : (file mentioned, xml\text\civ4gametext_cites_bts_xml
Reason: End tag TEXT does not match the start tag Spanish.
I'll snoop around and see whats wrong, though.
Everything else works fine.

Okay, I did what you said. But I'm still getting the same error:
Failed Loading XML file xml\text\gametextinfos_yourciv.xml
Reason: End tag 'TEXT' does not match the start tag 'English'.
Line: 382,4
Source: </TEXT>:sad::sad:

Okay, I'm pretty sure I fixed that. Thanks! However, now it says Beyond the Sword has stopped working without giving me an error. Could you maybe find all of whatever is wrong with it?:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Attachments

• Zimbabwe.rar
    224 KB · Views: 122
a) INFOS PLEASE! I can't read your mind, i don't know what you did, and if you don't give me any infos, then looking at the stuff will even take longer. And that's not fun.

b) When civ crashes without any error message, then the cause is nearly always, that you defined in some file an ART_DEF_XYZ entry which is not in the corresponding ArtDefines_XY.xml.
Short check, the ART_DEF_UNIT_ZIM_LOYAL_FIGHTER from unit infos is not in the ArtDefines_units.xml, but there's a second entry for the marine at the end. I guess you forgot to edit the tag there ;).

I did what you said in part b. Same errors. I have no idea what you mean by 'INFOS'. Anyway, please help!:please:

I have no idea what you mean by 'INFOS'.

...you should tell me what you did.
What you do here is like going to the doctor, and tell him "I'm ill, give me some medicaments."

And nope, with that change it loads for me, but you should correct the 2 errors, else it will probably crash if you try to play your civ.

Listen, I'm really confused. I went through my files and I didn't see anything wrong! PLEASE find the problem!

Attachments

• Zimbabwe.rar
    207.7 KB · Views: 122
First error message: TECH_LIBERTY in info class was incorrect. I guess you meant TECH_LIBERALISM there, right?

Second: Copy the ART_DEF tags over, or search for them if you are unsure if you got the right one. Even if you are sure, and when you closely looked at them.
Because in UnitInfos:
ART_DEF_UNIT_ZIM_LOYAL_FIGHTER
In ArtDefines_Units:
ART_DEF_UNIT_ZIMBABWEAN_ZIM_LOYAL_FIGHTER

Ok... I fixed that, still crashes with no error. I'm almost ready to give up!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Attachments

• Zimbabwe.rar
    408.7 KB · Views: 137
no i don't

Ok... I fixed that, still crashes with no error. I'm almost ready to give up!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

:huh: in the attached files you still have the error i mentioned above. It's there still
UnitInfos: ART_DEF_UNIT_ZIM_LOYAL_FIGHTER
ArtDefines_Units: ART_DEF_UNIT_ZIMBABWEAN_ZIM_LOYAL_FIGHTER

THANK YOU SO MUCH! MY MOD WORKS!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I just have one last question: How can I have my Niger civ with my Zimbabwe civ in the same mod? In other words how can I have two new civilizations in one mod easily?

Top Bottom