How to launch the ingame worldbuilder

See the following post:
Basically makes the World Builder button appear in Additional Content, which will directly lead you to step 7.

Thanks for the LUA tip. I will give that go later today and see if it works (which I suspect will).

Thank Finwickle, not me. :p
It works for me though, so it should work for you. It's really not much.

See the following post:

Basically makes the World Builder button appear in Additional Content, which will directly lead you to step 7.

That's it. Change Controls.WorldBuilder from true to false in ...Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Mods.lua

Followed instructions and can create map, but when I go to game, ruleset does not appear. Tried this after spring 2017 update.

Any luck with the mods since the new patch. I did have it working, and successfully played a custom map. But either it's now been broken from the last patch, or I'm forgetting something. It just crashes when loading the game.

- Edit - It was PBKAC

Last edited:
You don't need to edit the lua file anymore.
  1. Open file Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI/AppOptions.txt
  2. find
    Code:
    ;Enable WorldBuilder.
    EnableWorldBuilder 0
  3. Change to
    Code:
    ;Enable WorldBuilder.
    EnableWorldBuilder 1
  4. Save change to the file
  5. Start the game and enter the Additional Content menu
  6. The WorldBuilder button should now be available
    Spoiler :

It looks like city states locations do not exist when starting a new game in worldbuilder. If manually allocated (as "random city state"), they still don't exist when loading the map via TZ mod to play. Anyone know of a work around? In case it makes a difference, using large island map, 6 civs, 10 city states. Everything works except the states.

Its not a bad worldbuilder, and TZ mod looks like it works just fine. City states locations should appear when starting a new worldbuilder game, right? Thanks in advance.

Can anyone help me? I created the TZ folder in the mods section and created the two files and relocated the renamed saved map as instructed. However I see nothing in the additional content section. I have been trying for two days and am sure I have definitely made a mistake. Thanks

Am I correct in assuming that without a ruleset, great people will not show up in a custom map? Created one in WB and everything works as it should, but great people are nowhere to be found.

Does anyone know how to remove cliffs? I selected cliffs, and then right clicked, but nothing happens.

Dear all,

thanks for the great workaround for the world builder i used it several times in single mode.
Now I want to generate a map for multiplayer in hotseat mode.

if I set

<SupportsMultiPlayer>1</SupportsMultiPlayer>

I can use the TZ mod settings also in Multiplayer but after starting a game the map I have saved in TZ folder is never used in MP mode ... but it works well in SP mode.

Any idea how to get it to run in MP hotseat mode?

Thx in advance
Martin

Hi,
Im having trouble with this. I enabled the WorldBuilder, i just want a randomly generated map that i make a few changes to. The forum reads as though i just load a Continents map, make a few changes, save...and it will be visible to load in the New game --> Load screen, but it is not. Ive tried quite a few things, unable to find any maps i make be it editing a map or creating a new one.

Look for a mod on the steam workshop called Play Your Custom Maps. It is probably the simplest set-up of a mod to allow you to use your custom maps.
You download the mod, then copy your map file into the mod, then make a few necessary edits to the mod to allow the mod to use your map instead of the example one provided in the mod.

Long-story-short your map needs to be part of a mod that creates a ruleset which then allows the game to see the map as a valid choice. Play Your Custom Maps adds this ability to the "standard" ruleset and then tells the game what map(s) are valid for the "standard" ruleset.

And you will generally need to go through the Advanced Set-up menu to select the map.

Look for a mod on the steam workshop called Play Your Custom Maps. It is probably the simplest set-up of a mod to allow you to use your custom maps.
You download the mod, then copy your map file into the mod, then make a few necessary edits to the mod to allow the mod to use your map instead of the example one provided in the mod.

Long-story-short your map needs to be part of a mod that creates a ruleset which then allows the game to see the map as a valid choice. Play Your Custom Maps adds this ability to the "standard" ruleset and then tells the game what map(s) are valid for the "standard" ruleset.

And you will generally need to go through the Advanced Set-up menu to select the map.

Ah, Brutal. This game has been out this long and theres not an easy way to just edit my start location? I'm on a Mac - got it through the app store. Can i still get the mod in the steam workshop? typically this hasnt been the case in past Civ mods if i remember right.

So anyway since the spring patch that we can add city states? Using either TZ or Trajanmap (listed in here somewhere) i can't get CS's to generate. Not having CS's is pretty bad even though I could probably live with some of them. What's worse at the moment is my map (which is 200x120 tiles) some civ's spawn right on top of one another while others are far apart. The world builder doesn't seem to show, nicely or clearly, where I originally placed a starting position (nothing shows up for me). I would literally have to click on each tile individually to figure out where an AI starting position is located. This is pure torture. I'm curious if others are having this issue. I've attached my mod file and would love for someone to load it up and see if it's just as ugly for them as for me. Starting player should be Teddy Roosevelt who should be in the lower right of the map, no AI players (countries or CS's) should be in that area (closed off by mountains).

Attachments

• TZ.7z
    108 KB · Views: 435
Got worldbuilder up and working, can edit maps and all that...question I have is can I edit dimensions of existing maps? Laiyx created an awesome Westeros Map from GOT, but there's probably 10-15 too many water tiles to the east of the continent. When the map is already 120 hexes high, 10 extra water tiles is 1200 unnecessary tiles. I'd love to shave some of these off, and I don't think I can do it in world builder, is there a way I can access the code directly and change the map dimensions?

About CS's, it is possible to add city states. In world builder map hit players editor (top left on the screen). There is a panel with all players in the game. You can add more (AI's) and than choose one from list (Amsterdam, Brusseles etc...).
On map set locations for all CS's as Random City State. Done.

Top Bottom