1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to launch the ingame worldbuilder

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Modding Tutorials & Reference' started by Gedemon, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Alf2053

Alf2053 Chieftain

How can i load the "giant earth map" that i edited and saved with Live Turner ? can't figur it out ?

2. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Ewok-Bacon-Bits Warlord

I can confirm that this works! Thanks. After many tests you need to have enough starting positions as there are player's set in the world builder or it will crash at the loading screen.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Chinese American likes this.
  3. ariel552

ariel552 Chieftain

Sorry I got confused! What is a TZ map? is it a small, tiny or standard world map?

4. Landstander

Landstander Warlord

You can save any map in the World Builder and rename it to TZ.Civ6map. Place that file in the TZ mod folder and it will load when you use the TZ ruleset when setting up a new game.

TZ.Civ6map is just the filename referenced by the mod.

5. Bodzio

Bodzio Chieftain

Did anyone encountered problem with disappearing rivers?
    When I create map in World Builder and add river it looks fine.
    But when I load it in game (using taznp314 method) rivers I added dissapear from normal view while still being visible in strategic view. All bonuses river should provide are still in place.

I know this is not right place for this question, but currently it is only reliable thread on world builder and keeping all questions in one place seems like good idea for me.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. tazpn314

tazpn314 Chieftain

Rivers I've placed stuck. For what its worth, I needed to use a customized WorldBuilder.ltp panel that loaded the appropriate lua code so it wouldn't throw a million errors. But the river placement worked and shows up in both strategic and normal view. Does it always happen or was it just a one time thing.

Most of the trouble I've been having is trying to manually place natural wonders. I cannot even remove some and put them back where they were. Seems like in some cases the underlying tile has to be a specific type like plains or desert which is reasonable but some are strange like the Great Barrior Reef which I dont understand its rules as it only works on some coasts. I also had to write a custom screen to find player starting positions because that was just outright painful.

7. Blethyn

Blethyn Chieftain

I've got this to work as far as loading maps and setting the human player's start location, but is anyone else having problems with multiple city states spawning actually or nearly on top of each other? It seems to happen whether or not I assign city state starting locations. And, when I do assign them, the specifically assigned city state does not always start there, so I might assign Kandy's starting location, but then get Rio there instead; or Rio and Hattusa starting on that same tile.

8. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Thank you, Gedemon. I can't get ths done though. Can anyone explain what is meant by "select the mods context in the firetuner"? I don't see it.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

top left, under "lua console" there ismenu with all active context (IIRC it says "main state" by default), select "Mods" here when you're in the game's main menu.

10. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Excuse me, where? And yes, tuner is set to 1 in appoptions.txt.

Ok, got it. I restarted everything and then it worked. Thanks.

Attached Files:

• lua.png
      lua.png
      File size:
      10.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  11. Landstander

Landstander Warlord

I've had problems with rivers as well. Several rivers I edited were fine. I changed the mouth of one very large river system and it caused all of those rivers to disappear in game,

Placement of Natural Wonders has a lot do to with rivers. I've noticed several that cannot be properly placed if a river is adjacent or 1 tile away. They need 2 tiles of space from all rivers apparently. This is in addition to other terrain requirements (such as plains or grassland).

Anyone have other tips for World Builder?

12. tazpn314

tazpn314 Chieftain

No specific comments on how to use WB since I haven't been spending too much time recently on this but I did post some Tuner pages in another thread (here) that could help people.

The "TZ Mod" is a simple button to start. TZ WB is a custom screen which makes it possible to find player start locations and focus on them in the screen. Useful if you want to change locations. The other worldbuilder screens are the Firaxis ones with scripts inserted to help fix.

13. Vang86

Vang86 Chieftain

Ok so I edited the giant earth map (added an island) from YnAMP and following the instructions on this thread I managed to run it as a new mod but there are some bugs (no great persons, no religion). Is there a way to save the modified map and run it the same way as the original?

davann41 likes this.
  14. Finwickle

Finwickle Chieftain

To can also enable the WorldBuilder by making one adjustment in the file "<Steam Folder>\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Mods.lua":
    Code:
    if(GameConfiguration.IsAnyMultiplayer() or UI.IsFinalRelease()) then
            Controls.WorldBuilder:SetHide(false); -- Finwickle: changed from true to false
            Controls.BrowseWorkshop:SetHide(true);
        else
            Controls.WorldBuilder:SetHide(false);
            Controls.BrowseWorkshop:SetHide(false);
        end
    A WorldBuilder button now appears in the Additional Content menu. Same warning from OP still applies ofcouse.

15. pippolo

pippolo Chieftain

Hi everybody,

I really enjoy Gedemon and TZ works....
    I wanted to play with world/europe map but my pc is not so good.
    So I think I need a small map, like 90x60 or similar, and I think I've to do myself.
    I'm improving in cartography, but I need some help to make it a mod to play....

So...
    I was wondering if it's possibile to create a blank map with WorldBuilder .... WITH WRAP X (to create a europe map).
    So that I can start worldbuilder, create the map from zero and put civilization and city state on start position, and then play with TZ mod tool.
    I see many problem when you add or change civilization and city state in worldbuilder (it crashes) differently than the original and randomly choosen by system when it creates the map....any idea/suggestions?

Thank you very much.

16. Mog13

Mog13 Chieftain

Hello,

Anyone can tell me how or where I download mods/TZ/TZ.modinfo and mods/TZ/TZ_Config.xml please ?

Thanks anyway for your great job !

17. pippolo

pippolo Chieftain

you can create TZ files by creating two files as new notepad files, renaming them and then putting inside what there's written in this post

18. bB547

bB547 Chieftain

How would I load a custom map from an LUA?

19. bB547

bB547 Chieftain

This has been a great guide and I've gotten it to work with your help. I even tried getting the YnAMP to load the Ludicrous Map Size (230x115) with a few edits of my own and it worked. Thank you so much!

20. captainbutts

captainbutts Chieftain

So I created a map in world builder, and am trying to use the TZ method. It crashes when trying to load a single player game.

Possible reasons:

Map is set to tiny, but with 6 human player spawn locations. Crashes when I set either 4 or 6 players.

Set map to only include six CS, default is 8. No way to change that back in pregame menu.

EVERYTHING preplaced -- villages, spawn locations, cs spawn locations, multiple copies of galapagos islands, resources, continents for every tile.