How to make the AI play against itself?

dexters

Gods & Emperors
Supporter
ie: Debug mode if I want to test a scenario or a maptype and examine performance.

I checked the SDK and there was no obvious toggle to create a map where we can allow this.

What I am looking for is full on god mode (no fog) so I can watch what the AI is doing.

Sorry if this is a redundant question. My first visit to the modding forum.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Found and turned on the debug menu in the config.ini file, but right now, reveal all seems most helpful in terms of looking at how AI plays. It doesn't show what's happening with the AI however (camera doesn't center on units fighting etc) and does not really give me much access to how AI is handling their empires as I can't check their cities directly. Is there another option I am missing?

It's in LiveTuner (or FireTuner - same thing) which is part of the SDK.

There's a button on the Map tag that'll clear the Fog of War, and then a tab where the game will play X turns by itself (and you choose which Civ you end up as)

It is important that you start the game on cheiftain, remove the ai cheats, or hide your settler somewhere in the corner when you do this, as the 'player' will have different bonuses than the AI and it's behavior will be somewhat wonky both as and towards, the civ you selected. There is also a good mod called 'edit everything' that will allow you to view the AI from an empire management perspective.

It's in LiveTuner (or FireTuner - same thing) which is part of the SDK.

There's a button on the Map tag that'll clear the Fog of War, and then a tab where the game will play X turns by itself (and you choose which Civ you end up as)

Thanks, can you choose not to participate ?

It is important that you start the game on cheiftain, remove the ai cheats, or hide your settler somewhere in the corner when you do this, as the 'player' will have different bonuses than the AI and it's behavior will be somewhat wonky both as and towards, the civ you selected. There is also a good mod called 'edit everything' that will allow you to view the AI from an empire management perspective.

OK, 'edit everything' is the name of the mod? is it compatile with GnK?

when using fire tuner to "autoplay" the civ you were playing as dies and you re-enter as someone else.

Not true, you can come back as your original civ but bear in mind that it will have been AI'ed - all your workers will be building Trading Posts (or Railways to nowhere), you'll have denounced everyone, probably declared war on two other civs, and generally had all your troops completely re-deployed ...

Ok, so to all intents and purposes your original civ has died and been replaced by an AI clone ;)

Top Bottom