[R&F] How to quick SV, share your view.

current game I have even chopped in the Iracke to see how that goes with Pingala, a Free settler or two with every wonder.

What do you mean? Iracke? Settler for wonders? Pingala? What am i missing? :D

What do you mean? Iracke? Settler for wonders? Pingala? What am i missing? :D
Damn my typing, apologies. Oracle, will change the original. I’m referring to the Pingala 100% if GP in a city... and also buying GP with faith as I have the harvest for once.

Ok, i was assuming you mean oracle+pingala, i have thought about that as well (in encampment city). As i write, i realize you mean the faith generated by chopping wonders to buy settlers. I almost thought there is a wonder in a DLC that i overlooked that gives a settler for every wonder like apadana does with envois :D
By the way, is it actually possible to get the Apadana on deity? I don`t buy the DLC`s because i think they are overpriced, but that wonder always looked pretty good to me, especially now with Kilwa and Globalization rush.

Yea, i also think theater districts are better now than commercial hubs. I just played a game as russia, selling 3 works of great art around t110 for 1000 gold, 230gpt and all their excess luxuries to 3 AIs that did not even like me. I`m actually not aware if that was the case in vanilla as well, but it solves any gold problems. In combination with workers for faith and the need of only 14k gold in the late game instead of 40-50k, traders seem a bit outdated. And that is just on top of having a much stronger culture game.
This may be what we called the “great work trading bug", since the Indonesia-Khmer DLC: if you sell your great work at the same turn you create it, AI will pay all he could to buy it, except cities. It is banned in Chinese forums, because it's so unbalanced.. If you want to sell great work, please wait at least one turn.

But even if you don't use this bug, theater style is still considered to be strengthened in R&F - you can easily get all 3 classic writers, even all 3 medieval writers, at very low price.Th at means a quick 48 culture per turn This is impossible in Vanilla.They will greatly speed up your cultural process, and even when you stop selling resources (for amenities) at late game and have got enough culture, you can sell great works for money.

sure, before it was, not easy but easier than the henge and now with Magnus it’s just the really earlies that are hard
Our three highest scoring early wonders in peaceful play are: Pyramids, Oracle, and the Colosseum. With Magnus they all can be easily and quickly built. The most important, of course, is the Pyramids. If you choose God of Harvest, then Oracle will be a great way to replace the Divine Spark. And in particular the Colosseum, you can chop to finish it immediately when you finish civic Games and Recreation, then you can get 14~18 cultures to 7 ~9 cities, which is really a lot in the early games.

Last edited:
you sell your great work at the same turn you create it, AI will pay all he could to buy it, except cities. It is banned in Chinese forums,
Wow, nice. I certainly will not do that, thanks for letting us know.

Playing my best and worst SV yet, I think I may try again once I have finished. T100 I stopped last night with 230 science per turn and 140 culture. Only one science CS found .... but I have forgotten to build the coliseum... :crazyeye:
So much depends on the map.

Just being able to buy settlers traders and workers with faith is crazy, sort of makes every civ the Aztecs.

This may be what we called the “great work trading bug", since the Indonesia-Khmer DLC: if you sell your great work at the same turn you create it, AI will pay all he could to buy it, except cities. It is banned in Chinese forums, because it's so unbalanced.. If you want to sell great work, please wait at least one turn.

But even if you don't use this bug, theater style is still considered to be strengthened in R&F - you can easily get all 3 classic writers, even all 3 medieval writers, at very low price.Th at means a quick 48 culture per turn This is impossible in Vanilla.They will greatly speed up your cultural process, and even when you stop selling resources (for amenities) at late game and have got enough culture, you can sell great works for money.

I have been off civ6 for the 2. half of 2017, so i`m a bit rusty, thanks for the information. I won`t be selling those great works then, this is too much of an abuse. If you get 1. Pantheon, always God of the Harvest?

T100 I stopped last night with 230 science per turn and 140 culture.
This is really an amazing data on T100, but if this map had only 1 science CS, maybe it won't be that fast than other maps which can build Kilwa. Yes, so much depends on the map, especially in R&F. With a good map and good start, even Egypt can be Aztec.:D

always God of the Harvest?
I think so. In R&F with Magnus, God of the Harvest is crazy better than others. But be aware that this tactic is not stable, and that it is difficult to get for many other civilizations. So much depends on luck. In fact, I think that satellite-globalization is a common tactic, which can significantly accelerate your progress in science victory. Kilwa+2 science CS and Harvest+Monument are good fortunes that can hardly be found again.

Last edited:
always God of the Harvest?
If you can, I was unsure because of the slow culture start but in classical golden agewith Magnus... chop in the oracle and coliseum and you can just buy loads of settlers, have the Magnus promotion that stops settlers reducing pop and spam settler after settler.

Yea i had the feeling that nothing can surpass god of the harvest, just wanted to double check :D

Do you guys go for religion on deity? I haven't played too many games but the ones where I went for religion seemed to be slower for me because going for it slowed down my early expansion, but maybe I didn't do it right.

Wow, nice. I certainly will not do that, thanks for letting us know.

Playing my best and worst SV yet, I think I may try again once I have finished. T100 I stopped last night with 230 science per turn and 140 culture. Only one science CS found .... but I have forgotten to build the coliseum... :crazyeye:
So much depends on the map.

Just being able to buy settlers traders and workers with faith is crazy, sort of makes every civ the Aztecs.

Teach me mastah! :religion: :bowdown:

No seriously, could you please provide your save so I can see how you can get those ungodly high Science yields in 100 turns?

Thanks in advance! :goodjob:

Do you guys go for religion on deity? I haven't played too many games but the ones where I went for religion seemed to be slower for me because going for it slowed down my early expansion, but maybe I didn't do it right.

Last game I was able to build 3 archers, a builder, expand, and then two holy sites with one prayers and just barely squeaked by to be the fifth to get a religion. Its actually easier now to get it since you only need 60 great prophet points but you need to do it faster. There's a higher chance you'll be delayed due to a rush and just miss it entirely, but the games you do get it it won't be as painful as vanilla. You don't have to waste 15-20 turns on holy site prayers racing someone who has higher gpp per turn.

Teach me mastah! :religion: :bowdown:

No seriously, could you please provide your save so I can see how you can get those ungodly high Science yields in 100 turns?

Thanks in advance! :goodjob:
Will post when my partner gets off the comp, I’ll post the turn 1 in case you want to play it. At T12x with over 700 science and just found a third science CS that’s been taken over so looking like a great map.

How on earth did you manage this. That T100 save is amazing.
Well I sent my warrior north and a scout south (scouts really help a classic golden age) and my warrior got early +2 faith and goddess of the harvest. I think this alone is a huge advantage mixed with a monumental golden age. At one stage I had Magnus with the no pop loss promotion when building settlers just buying a settler a turn with faith after chopping in a few things.
I also built an early barb archer turned sword army which took out Mvemba and Qin and a horse army took out Alex and Persia to the north. With the ability to buy lots of builders I pushed a few early campus before feudalism and also as the ground was so good built mines. When feudalism came I used Liang to produce 7 charge builders to chop a lot.

This game has a lot of mistakes, the map is good and the warring easy apart from a Qin bottleneck on higher ground which slowed southern advance.
Building mines with Warlord´s throne may be a worthwhile change.
With Gorgo the kill culture does not pass between civics so if you are careful there you can get where you need to go a bit faster.

Well I sent my warrior north and a scout south (scouts really help a classic golden age) and my warrior got early +2 faith and goddess of the harvest. I think this alone is a huge advantage mixed with a monumental golden age. At one stage I had Magnus with the no pop loss promotion when building settlers just buying a settler a turn with faith after chopping in a few things.
I also built an early barb archer turned sword army which took out Mvemba and Qin and a horse army took out Alex and Persia to the north. With the ability to buy lots of builders I pushed a few early campus before feudalism and also as the ground was so good built mines. When feudalism came I used Liang to produce 7 charge builders to chop a lot.

This game has a lot of mistakes, the map is good and the warring easy apart from a Qin bottleneck on higher ground which slowed southern advance.
Building mines with Warlord´s throne may be a worthwhile change.
With Gorgo the kill culture does not pass between civics so if you are careful there you can get where you need to go a bit faster.

Ill have to try this myself. And what turns did you have the armies ready by? any general benchmarks for them? I struggle on getting my armies out in time.

Not specific turns, I got a settler out first of course because I was not attacked and had met Mvemba who wanted to forward settle me just as I was building slingers, I had about 5 slingers and 2 warriors and was close to archery so started the war with slingers and pulled him toward me rather than hitting him in rough terrain.
It’s hard to explain combat tricks without pics, hopefully you get what I mean. Anyway a few turns later archers came and it was GG, pushed down in time to find Qin taking a CS, I even placed an envoy there hoping for an emergency but none came. I did get one later to the north when I took Alex, he has spread like a plague rather than create a nasty army and horsemen make very fast work of unwalled cities, especially as I had a GG by that time.... yes I built an encampment first.
I went for horsemen before sword, seemed the best move, I slotted the GG card as soon as I could. Magnus was first and chopped a lot in the capital. I cannot remember if I promoted him before or after I got Liang, probably after.
I think my techs were animal, mining, bronze, archery but maybe getting archery first now I know I can get iron is better. It’s sort of a cheat doing it again but I might use this save to see how well I can fine tune it, so many wrong placements etc. I end up engrossed in the fighting and just press next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom