[R&F] How to quick SV, share your view.

Thanks a lot!
Also I see you named your save "Nada", are you from a Spanish speaking country?
Nada is the dew on the side of a glass of water in Arabic.
I have a username of nadanicht in other places
It’s nothing, just a save name I use for starts.
I am a kiwi living in England

If you can get harvest and a classical golden is there really any reason to wait until Feudalism for some heavier chopping?
Im assuming your talking about taking buy civilians with faith one? I guess not, i just havnt had a Deity or immortal game yet where i didnt have to fight my way out of a box and had 15 to 20 citys by 100.

I personally never hang on to chops anymore unless im saving one for colloseum later or something. I keep an eye on forested spots though to settle space citys later, buy the ports and magnus chop/builder charge in the parts. Oddly enough, i havnt really needed,big ben since R and F. Maybe it has something to do with not needing to spam GPs anymore?

What is the satellite-globalization method?

rushing the culture tree to globalization then using the huge science multiplier from this policy to catch up on science. you should watch civtrader6 fast peaceful SV games on YT, you'll get a pretty good understanding of the strategy.

Is the quickest still T151? If anyone has quicker, can you post the T1 save?

There was an aztec game just before r and f that was like t128 or something. Def sub 140.

Thanks, Looking for R&F

rushing the culture tree to globalization then using the huge science multiplier from this policy to catch up on science. you should watch civtrader6 fast peaceful SV games on YT, you'll get a pretty good understanding of the strategy.
I've noticed many city states are getting picked off before I have a chance to get to them. In my deity Pericles game I'm running, I had to protect Zanzibar from an early Egyptian rush, but of course other CS's on the other sides of the map were immediately wiped. Now in the late game, there's only 3 left. And with Amani doubling envoys to them (who the AI love to pick, usually first in my experience) it's only realistic getting 2 of them.

How viable is the globalization method because of all this? E-Commerce is still fantastic, but I'm not sure how to still pull this off, considering how quickly they're being eliminated.

I've noticed many city states are getting picked off before I have a chance to get to them. In my deity Pericles game I'm running, I had to protect Zanzibar from an early Egyptian rush, but of course other CS's on the other sides of the map were immediately wiped. Now in the late game, there's only 3 left. And with Amani doubling envoys to them (who the AI love to pick, usually first in my experience) it's only realistic getting 2 of them.

How viable is the globalization method because of all this? E-Commerce is still fantastic, but I'm not sure how to still pull this off, considering how quickly they're being eliminated

Sad but true. I`m completely done with trying peaceful games, i just hate how agressive the Ai is towards CS. If you want to ensure more then 3 or 4 CS survive, you have to be a warmonger. The patch did not change anything, at least on deity. If you manage to keep enough CS alive, the globalization method is super strong.
It is only important for the very last turns though, because you can one turn every tech with 2k+ science, in the end it just saves you some turns. (which is is key for very fast finishing times)

How viable is the globalization method because of all this? E-Commerce is still fantastic, but I'm not sure how to still pull this off, considering how quickly they're being eliminated.
In a peace game, you also have the chance to protect 1~2 city-states by using your overflow armies. For example, if you use the overflow from Agoge to complete Oracle (or Pyramid, AH, whatever), you will get a lot of slingers and warriors. Then use them to block AI's attack position. There are many CSs that are adjacent to the mountains or the oceans, don't need a lot of soldiers you can surround the CSs and prevent AI from taking them.

One option to consider:

If you are still doing war when you reach tier-2 gov and have a poor faith output and don't have god.harv., why not rush the Grand Master's Chapel (faith for pillaging, etc.)?
Assuming you chose monumentaly.

ps. Unfortunately, it seems like the double pillage card doesn't double the faith rewards

Hi all, semi-experienced player here that would love to ask some questions that I think can have some definitive answers (though I know most of this can be update for debate etc.)
Hoping this could help paint the broad strokes of a strategy (obviously things like CS met, tribal huts found, pace of wars etc. will vary from game to game - but want to know general goals of a fast SV)

Opener:

• Seems like majority in fast SV go scout 1st until Pop 2, then early Settler? Aside from barbs being a turn 5-10 problem, when do you stray from this? When would it be builder over Settler?
  • If the above information is off-base, what is the 'ideal' opener for maximum greed for fast SV? (guessing early settler, but wanting to know reason if otherwise... in my experiences you can still hit craftsmanship boost with builder 3? or go Foreign Trade 1st and circle back to Craftsmanship later)
Districts/Strategy:

• What are the main 2 strategies district-wise for Fast SV?
  • It seems old-school/traditional is more around the Campus / Commercial Hub cores with trade routes focus. Is this still viable / better than the theater option...
  • And then mention of the (3?) threater opener which gives the discount on pop4 campuses + gives great writers and the faster culture start.. Guessing this is more focused on the Globalization end-game? Exactly how many theatre districts do you go for? When do you start just doing Campus / CH in new cities?
  • What are some of the milestones you are looking to hit to know you are doing well? (i.e. x culture y science by turn 50, #'s for turn 75, turn 100, etc.)

Civics:

• This is tied to the districts questions/strategy, but assuming theater/culture opener - do you go for the Theater civic before political philosophy?
  • In average (non-great starts), with random civs, I find getting Political Philosophy before turn 50 very difficult, yet this is a common milestone in the fast SV's. Is the game considered a bust if you don't hit this milestone? I know there are stronger civs i.e aztec, pericles, rome but I've been just trying the strat in general over my past 5 games with random civs, and have not always found a culture city state in my first 5 turns or find a natural wonder like I see in some playthroughs where gov is unlocked by turn 50. Also sometimes do not find a 2nd continent (I go 1 scout playing on Continents, is this the issue?)... A lot of luck based things it seems for <turn 50 Political Philo.
  • If you are going peaceful, do you build 6 farms for fuedalism civic?
  • Which civic boosts are always impossible and you avoid?
  • What are the main civics to aim for outside of Globalization? Are there any other key paired timings? (i.e. Fuedalism x Builder Spam, Fuedalism x Stirrups for next war push, Globalization > Go for the Win on Space at that point) What else is in-between?
Tech:
  • After getting through Ancient/Classical, what are the key tech you are looking for? Is everything just random and delayed to try to maximize boosts? Do you beeline Forbidden City or not required because you can secure it so easily with Magnus overflow chops? If not forbidden city, do you beeline Cartography for a second settler phase? Or beeline universities to get faith bought with Jesuit education (this timing seems weird because you are also buying settlers and builders with faith at this time with Monumentality)?

Religion/Pantheon:
  • All strategies benefit from Goddess of the Harvest + Monumentality. Anytime you would not want to take these?
  • If you can sneak a Religion, what are the most effective beliefs (Jesuit / x?)

Builders:
  • How many pre-Feudalism builders do you go for (1 for Craftsmanship, 1 for an early Wonder chop, and then x from random stealing/aztec/tribal hut)? Guessing this has to be small because you don't wanna up the builder costs and take the opportunity cost hit on the 2 builder charges you could have by waiting.
  • Are you waiting for

Governor:
  • Magnus + Ancestral Hall best option if you are on the peaceful side (or best option always?)
  • What is your typical Governor flow?
    • Magnus 1st, Pingala 2nd trying to get GPP?
    • Or Liang 2nd to get the required pre-Fuedalism builders to do random things (chop Oracle, chop Pyramids)?
    • Which City States scream for you to get Amani 2nd?
    • Is there ever a time in the world you wouldn't go Magnus 1st?
    • What are the key Governor abilities you are looking for? (i.e. Magnus Level 0 for Chop, early/mid: Pingala Level 2 for GPP / late: Pingala for 30% Space, Liang Level 0 for Builder... etc?, late: Reyna Level 3 for Buying Spaceport?)
Selling Amenities / Gold:
  • When you sell your amenities for Gold - What are the ideal #'s to look for?
  • What are you trying to do with your Gold that you sell from Amenities? Is the goal to gold-buy settlers in the first 30 turns? Do you save gold for pre-Fuedalism builders? (Or even post). Wanting to know when to save vs. buy.. mostly in terms of the settlers because currently I am saving all gold and then investing into Settler when it is available.

There may be more questions I haven't asked, and I know this ended up being longer than I originally intended - but it's because it covers most sections of the game. Hoping some of these have direct answers from which a better foundation can be built, and assuming a lot have ambigious answers because research is still being done. But would love to hear you thoughts - especially all the hardcore Boyan Lily Victoria civtrader whacker and sorry if I missed some - noob on this forum currently :)!

Last edited:
Too many questions that it's hard to answer. I'll put a video played by @Rogue-star. Maybe video is more intuitive.
[R&F Australia peaceful SV without Harvest T151, Deity-All-Standard, Pangea]
T1~T51: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20871792
T51~T151: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av21140303

He skipped a lot of district planning time in the middle. Planning icons: inverted triangle - city, circle - theater, rhombus - campus, cross - park

Ah damn, I've got excited for a moment because I thought "without Harvest" meant without Magnus. But after watching the first 50 turns, it's nothing but building units with Agoge and use the overflow to build districts and wonders in 1 turn.
After unlocking Limes, it's the same thing again. Abuse Magnus, get universities in 1 turn etc.
This is so boring and broken :/

No offense to the player, of course. It's just bad design.

Ah damn, I've got excited for a moment because I thought "without Harvest" meant without Magnus. But after watching the first 50 turns, it's nothing but building units with Agoge and use the overflow to build districts and wonders in 1 turn.
After unlocking Limes, it's the same thing again. Abuse Magnus, get universities in 1 turn etc.
This is so boring and broken :/

No offense to the player, of course. It's just bad design.

"Without Harvest" = Without the pantheon "Goddess of the Harvest". This is game changing for SV.

i wonder why you guys keep talking about Magnus and map.
We all use the SAME magnus.
As the map, i dont want to talk too much about it. the map seed is -205362611 -205362610 .sincerely welcome you to try science victory on this map.

Top Bottom