1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use Godess of Springtime?

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Ninal, Oct 30, 2019.

1. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

It's the only improvement-centric pantheon that doesn't put the faith directly on the improvement. I think that's to the pantheon's detriment, because even having 6+ plantation resources in range of your first 2 cities wouldn't give you a shot at a religion like that kind of concentration would for something like the pasture or quarry pantheons.

At least with those pantheons you can chalk it up to not being fast enough with your workers, or overestimating your resource concentration if you didn't manage to found.

2. zeofig

zeofig Chieftain

I don't see why that's a problem, if it gets adequate faith from a building or whatever. Faith on plantations is also quite restrictive because some of them also require bronze working.

3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I agree with this. I don't mind that the faith comes from the building. Since in this case the improvement and the building comes at the same tech, you could argue the building faith will get you more faith quicker (I can build herbalist in multiple cities faster than I can improve 2-3 plantations in a lot of cases. But unlike renewal before the change, the herbalist was not carrying the entire faith burden for the pantheon. Now that is it, I don't think the faith production is high enough to be viable.

4. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

I agree, there's just nowhere near enough faith in this pantheon now. I think Renewal will also suffer from not quite enough faith to found.

5. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Renewal gets immediate faith so that is always a very powerful bonus. Now it may becomes tradition only (with the +3 faith), but I personally think that's fine for certain pantheons. I don't mind that a pantheon requires extra faith to found, as long as the sources are predictable (aka tradition or Shoshone faith hut or Siam gets a faith CS nearby before choosing his first policy, etc).