How would you order the Civ 5 civilizations in their historical importance order?

I would not check the development patterns, just the individual inventions / technologies in separation from each other.

I know that the development patterns (like "you need Polytheism to have War Elephants") are largely artificial in Civ games.

Nah, that sounds perfectly correct and uncontroversial. The moment people started 'shipping more than one god, they rode around on elephants killin' other people.
True! Observe this truthful and greatly Polonic proof-images which I have discovered in an ancient Polish-Lithuanian grimoire.

Indisputable, innit?

I really succeeded in Polonizing this forum - others are Pole-jacking threads even without my intervention now. :clap:

Keep up the good work, Traitorfish. Nice Elephant Hussar, BTW. Almost as good as Russian Bear Cavalry.

It works like this:

Post on Poland, make Anglophones read this ---> Annoy them ---> Make them post on Poland ---> <<Polonization 67%>> ---> They are Angry Poles already.

Actually, I'd say that your narcissism has made Poland about as popular as gonorrhea and that everyone is just parodying your spam attacks.

Also, you kinda just openly admitted that you're a troll.

Last time I posted something about Poland in this thread, was on page 10 - 5 pages and 3 weeks ago.

Now we have page 15, and Traitorfish suddenly comes out with an Elephant Hussar.

I suppose 5 pages and 3 weeks without anything Poland-related was too much for him. He just couldn't resist.

So who is trolling ???

Also, "paying relatively high attention to something" is not the same as "narcissism".

Please also note, that often I am actually being provoked to post about Poland, by people who mention Poland in their posts.

You can blame me for not ignoring such posts (like in this case with Elephant), but not for bringing up these Poland-related subjects.

In fact even before I joined this forum, there was a lot of Poland-related discussion here. Including Polandball threads, jokes, etc.

Yeah, honestly, I meant it in more of a general CFC in-jokey sort of way than a "hurr durr i'm [specific poster x]" sort of way. (That is, after all, against forum rules.)

I really succeeded in Polonizing this forum - others are Pole-jacking threads even without my intervention now. :clap:

Keep up the good work, Traitorfish. Nice Elephant Hussar, BTW. Almost as good as Russian Bear Cavalry.

It works like this:

Post on Poland, make Anglophones read this ---> Annoy them ---> Make them post on Poland ---> <<Polonization 67%>> ---> They are Angry Poles already.

So... what's your endgame here? Make everyone hate Poland? Because you are doing a swell bang-up job of that.

Last time I posted something about Poland in this thread, was on page 10 - 5 pages and 3 weeks ago.

Now we have page 15, and Traitorfish suddenly comes out with an Elephant Hussar.

You haven't posted anything else Poland-related in any other thread? If I search for Domen and Poland, nothing is going to come up in this time period?

I suppose 5 pages and 3 weeks without anything Poland-related was too much for him. He just couldn't resist.

He is making fun of you. I hate to point it out in such stark terms, but there it is. It's not because he suddenly has a massive pole-rection whenever his pole-thirst hasn't been slaked in awhile.

So who is trolling ???

Also, "paying relatively high attention to something" is not the same as "narcissism".

I point you to your copious use of the word "we" amongst others.

Please also note, that often I am actually being provoked to post about Poland, by people who mention Poland in their posts.

Really? You are pulling the "they made me do it!" excuse? You aren't responsible for introducing the country that shall not be named into threads unnecessarily?

You can blame me for not ignoring such posts (like in this case with Elephant), but not for bringing up these Poland-related subjects.

Yes, we can actually blame you for that.

In fact even before I joined this forum, there was a lot of Poland-related discussion here. Including Polandball threads, jokes, etc.

No excuse--a few is different than every freakin' thread.

Edit: Deleted. I'm tired of it.

==============================

Edit 2:

Antilogic said:
If I search for Domen and Poland, nothing is going to come up in this time period?

I searched "Domen" and various countries / regions - here is what I got:

Germany - 300 results
Russia - 300 results
Soviet - 300 results
US - 300 results
USA - 101 results
America - 69 results
Poland - 300 results
PLC - 14 results
Jews - 269 results
Israel - 75 results
Holocaust - 57 results
Africa - 71 results
Commonwealth - 71 results (partially Polish-Lithuanian, partially British Commonwealth)
France - 210 results
Lithuania - 151 results
Ukraine - 144 results
Britain - 119 results
England - 74 results
Belarus - 87 results
Italy - 73 results
Greece - 68 results
Spain - 58 results
Czechs - 58 results
Byzantine - 58 results
China - 48 results
Rome - 42 results
Scotland - 27 results
Denmark - 25 results
Etc., etc.

Now Is searched "Antilogic" + your country, as well as "Antilogic" + "Poland" - here is what I got:

America - 285 results
USA - 184 results
US - 300 results
Poland - 71 results

In total, you have 769 results for your country in your posts. I have only 350+ results for my country in my posts and 470 results for the USA.

But you will be surprised now. I searched for "Traitorfish" + his own country and "Traitorfish" + "Poland" - and here is what it says:

Scotland - 300 results
Britain - 300 results
UK - 300 results
Poland - 197 results

A guy from Scotland posted 197 times about Poland and 900 times about his own country. Compared to my 350+ times!

I confess that I did not pay enough attention to Scotland, posting about it only 27 times.

For what it's worth, Domen, the vast majority of your posts in threads about Germany have been about Poland. A simple keyword search doesn't really reveal much.

For what it's worth, Domen, the vast majority of your posts in threads about Germany have been about Poland. A simple keyword search doesn't really reveal much.

That's not even the start of the problems, which include a failure to normalize for length of time on the site, content of the posts (i.e. commenting on Civ3-4 game mechanics/stories will artificially inflate the represented civs in those games), nor does it directly respond to the questions raised.

Even the simplest normalization (i.e. conversion to rate stats from counting stats):

Domen:
17.4% of all posts mention Poland, Lithuania, or the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Antilogic:
6.25% of all posts mention the US, the USA, or the United States of America
.05% of all posts mention Poland

Traitorfish:
4% of all posts mention the UK, Britain, or Scotland
.08% of all posts mention Poland

Of course none of this identifies the real problem, which is that nobody but you posts multiple 2000+ word posts back to back to back with sources written (that you cite) entirely in Polish which nobody can read, and which also link to videos recorded entirely in Polish which nobody can watch.

And then, as anti said, the next thing to do would be to look at the context in those posts. I imagine a lot of anti's America posts were prompted either because the thread was about America or somebody asked a question about America, whereas the characterization is that many of your Poland megaposts are off-topic and entirely unwarranted, often only tangentially related to the topic at-hand.

Somehow Domen doesn't get under my skin the same way he does you guys- as with a lot of people. If they scare you away Domen, PM me. I'd like to keep in touch even if you leave the forum.

It's not so much getting under the skin--my posts should not be read with an angry or hateful tone, but something more along the lines of an exasperated "are you kidding me?"

Maybe since I'm an obnoxious nationalist myself, I can tolerate him a lot better. :p

Top Bottom