Hypatia/Newton/Einstein science bonus and conquest.

Elvira Talgar

Chieftain
Hi.

I have a question regarding those three GP bonuses to library/universities science outputs. If some other civilization recruits them and uses in some campus (to gets such bonus), is it permanent for that civilization? Or if I conquer that city I'll get it for my civilization now (and vice-versa)?

Thanks in advance.

While the Scientists are activated in a campus, The bonus is given to your civ as a whole. So if someone else has it, there’s nothing you can do to get it. On the other hand, if you have them, you can always bring their bonuses to other people’s campuses via taking them via conquest.

It would have been interesting and more balanced that they create an unique building which has bigger bonuses.

I think it would have been better if each of these great people had different unique bonuses instead.

Einstein could be a % modifier to population in that city, so maybe 1% science for each pop in the city (20 pop=20% science in that city)

Hypatia could give +1 science for every Governor promotion of the installed Governor

Newton could stay the same just to keep variety (flat +2 science for uni is still fine) but a variation could be +1 science for each science building in campus.

These bonuses are more dynamic as they all scale over time. They also should add more variety to gameplay, which I think civ6 might benefit from in all departments...

I think it would be better if Great People were re-done altogether. A lot of them aren't that interesting and they disappear way too fast.

which has bigger bonuses.
Hypatia is great for her time in the game, not just a +1 but a library. At the end of the game her value may be 1% but early game it can be 50%. For me it as much about the library as the +1.
Not strong enough to sacrifice all your faith for but she is handy.
different unique bonuses instead.
I quite like these 3 being scaled versions of the same thing through the game. They are old friends I would rather not be rid of for some unbalanced or weird option. I would rather they get rid of the naff ones

I quite like these 3 being scaled versions of the same thing through the game. They are old friends I would rather not be rid of for some unbalanced or weird option. I would rather they get rid of the naff ones

Yeah I think that is fair, I don't have a problem with those particular GS's, but it would be cool to replace some of the naff ones with some more unique bonuses though

more unique bonuses though
And thats the issue. a % modifier is already in wonders and cards in quite a few ways so is not so unique. full marks for sugggesting, just it can be hard to find something unique.
As for Naff scientists I was not meaning Abu or Hildegard
I like Abu Al-Qasim Al-Zahrawi's healing, to me its not naff and not OP. Sometimes I think people just want moar power while Abu is the only medical scientist.
Equally Hildegard can be completely useless or give you +12 science early and it is nice they cover this area.
While other GP like engineers are sort of also scientists some area like a GS that increases food production or something not covered by other areas would be unique.
For me the naff ones are just eureka's, no flavour.
I have always liked the idea of a terrain based scientist, +2 to each geothermal or +1 adjacency to sand campi.

Top Bottom