I finished!

MerakSpielman

Warlord
This was my very first GOTM. :)

I finished in just about 4 hours. Guess I shouldn't say too much since the spoiler thread doesn't seem to be open yet... but I will say I won! And it was a very exciting game. :)

MerakSpielman said:
I couldn't get the web site to give me a list of other completed Civ4 GOTMs. :(

First off as was already stated any talk of a GOTM game outside of the spoiler thread is frowned upon.

As to the above, recall that Ainwood stated that the GOTM staff would be working on getting the submission page setup sometime next month. Or something to that effect. Due to that you're not going to be able to see anything that relates to this game in the GOTM pages.

Figured i'd point you to the GOTM Rules that were used in CivIII. Figured you might also be interested in the GOTM Reference thread.

Here's the related info towards this thread:

Ainwood said:
“Spoiler” threads are designed to allow players to discuss strategies and report on progress that they have made within the game. In order to maximise player involvement, the spoilers are divided up into different sections, typically based on completion of specific tech research projects and/or knowledge of part or all of the world map. Spoiler threads are opened by the GOTM admin periodically through the month, and “stickied” at the top of the forum. To keep the discussions organised, no player should start a spoiler of their own. The first post in a spoiler will set-out conditions that players must meet in order to contribute or read the spoiler.

This works on an honour system. We trust that you will not read the spoiler until you have satisfied the conditions for that spoiler. Otherwise, you gain an unfair advantage over your peers, in that you may know locations of resources, the best locations to cross seas and oceans etc.

The submissions listing page is now showing C-IV GOTM 1 submissions. I'm working on providing the full suite of GOTM pages for C-IV GOTM. Please be patient, as I'm a bear with very little brain ;)

I just can't believe you finished in only 4 hours. I have been playing at least twice that long, and I feel like I have barely started!!! More than that, though, I simply will not say ;)!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

I have a strong personal tendency to NOT micromanage. I think I have a tendency to go for the "end turn" button more quickly than many people. :)

I finished too! This morning before class. But then i read the submission note at the top. Went to look for my save game file. And umm i didnt have one! Victory was in 2000. Last save game was in 1640. In my defence i never played a game without a need to reload so i got lulled into forgetting about the save after the win!

yes but i played another game in the interim after class. Thanks though. think its lost unless there is something i dont realize. there is always next month!

jeremiahrounds said:
yes but i played another game in the interim after class. Thanks though. think its lost unless there is something i dont realize. there is always next month!

It saves every few turns and uses the year as part of the save name, so you may be able to still find it depending on how far along the other game went. Worth a shot...

I save every turn of every game I play. I never reload but I like being able to go back to old games and finding exactly what I did and when.

Vardis said:
It saves every few turns and uses the year as part of the save name, so you may be able to still find it depending on how far along the other game went. Worth a shot...
Every 4 turns, and no there is no possibility of ever finding them again after you start a new game.

I believe there's an option to change the frequency of autosaves to every turn. Can't recall where, but it's mentioned in one of the local threads. When you finish a game, get into the habit of copying the autosave folder to somewhere else before starting a new game.

[edit] Found it

Its in the Civ4.ini file. If you set the Autosave= to 0, then it doesn't autosave, but I think you can set it to ANY number from 0 or above.

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

I finished quickly, but I chose not to submit my game for reasons that will become obvious when the spoiler threads come along...

Can I ask what kind of scores you people have had during the gameplay? Or when finished? Or are those too considered spoilers... :confused:

Yup! Scores are spoilers, and should only be published when the end-of-game spoiler is opened. Basically, nothing about the progress of the game or the content of the map should be posted anywhere except in the spoilers.

This is NOT the staff being power-mad or 'anal' as someone so eloquently put it. It's been the wish of the majority of the GOTM players up until now that they can play the game and read the open threads without fear of finding spoiling data about it. If the wish of the majority changes then we can consider different rules - it's your competition, not the staff's.

Top Bottom