[R&F] I just read that builders can contribute to Carnival projects once you have the Royal Society

Leathaface

Emperor
If you're playing as Brazil this can come in handy. I only thought of builders contributing to Spaceports projects before. Carnival projects contribute Great Writer, Great Artists and Great Musicians points, plus Great Engineer and Great Merchants points. (though 50% less GE and GM points)

The only downside is the Royal Society requires a Tier 3 Government so you can't get it earlier. But still, using 6 charge builders to rush Carnival projects is a powerful combination.

I've only personally done it for Spaceport projects, but you can do it for the other districts and their specific projects. I'm assuming it would work in the city center as well for the Manhattan Project.

Or Bread and Circuses.

"I'll just go and spam your city to 0 loyalty with my builders".

Then again it's capped at one charge per turn right?

Doing the culture district projects as any civ can be a very potent means toward a culture victory since the victory condition is somewhat related to accumulated culture and culture/turn. And those great artisans help. Brazil happens to get extra bonuses on top of the others through Carnival.

City projects are definitely underrated.

City projects are definitely underrated.

The game putting the city projects at the bottom of the queue does new players a disservice. Almost always, your build decision should be "Is building this thing really more helpful than running a science/culture/faith/gold project?"

The game putting the city projects at the bottom of the queue does new players a disservice. Almost always, your build decision should be "Is building this thing really more helpful than running a science/culture/faith/gold project?"
Agreed. Had they been put at the top of the list, I think the default approach to the game would be entirely different. Instead the player is guided toward building water mills...

Agreed. Had they been put at the top of the list, I think the default approach to the game would be entirely different. Instead the player is guided toward building water mills...

It’d be even better if you could set projects to auto-renew.

Or Bread and Circuses.

"I'll just go and spam your city to 0 loyalty with my builders".

Then again it's capped at one charge per turn right?

Doesn't matter, Bread and Circuses is strong not when completed, but when active. Spamming it is only wasting your charges for builders.

It would be strong on completion if the city was facing imminent revolt.

Just read up on it, didn't actually knew it gave the completing city a +20 loyalty boost.

But even so, it truly depends on the situation and I don't think it's worth sacrificing a builder for that. Especially since it would be very late in the game.

Just read up on it, didn't actually knew it gave the completing city a +20 loyalty boost.

But even so, it truly depends on the situation and I don't think it's worth sacrificing a builder for that. Especially since it would be very late in the game.
The situation being capturing a city with an intact entertainment district and worker where you can finish the project before it revolts, in theory.

On the other hand, Great Work slots are so limited (fix this, Firaxis!) you'd have to have a huge empire with lots of Theater Squares for rushing Carnival/Festivals to be more advantageous than the Natural History Museum.

It also gives no indication of just how much points you're going to get out of them.

On the other hand, Great Work slots are so limited (fix this, Firaxis!) you'd have to have a huge empire with lots of Theater Squares for rushing Carnival/Festivals to be more advantageous than the Natural History Museum.

Yes, give us more wonders with slots for works: Louvre, Globe Theater, Uffizi and a some others.

Top Bottom