I just realized I passed the 500 hour mark...

I have 1226, although I've done some offline too...

1230 hours, I am 4 hours ahead of you - quick go play some and you can catch up :p I warn you that I am seriously considering starting a game tonight before I go to sleep so your window of opportunity is closing fast.

I'm at 1066 (no cookie if the year rings a bell ;)), which I find somewhat disconcerting. I blame it on the game running in the background all time when I'm on and off modding.

1774 hours. I can only hope that some significant portion is background mode.

I have about 815 hours. When I reached 700 I did the math and realized that worked out to about 30 solid days of gaming, that was last November, about a year after the games release. Some of those hours are time when I've fallen asleep for a few hours while playing and the game was on in the back ground, but still...

I cut back on playing as much as I could after I realized this. I've now cut back my play time a considerable amount, considering since November I've only added about 115 hours to the tally. I love the stats steam gives, there were times it would tell me stuff like 'you've played 90 hours of Civ 5 in the last 2 weeks' That's almost as much time as I spend on my job in 2 weeks! I like commenting and reading this forum now because its almost like therapy or something, to be able to talk about and think about something I like to do so much, without actually doing it.

I don't think there is much wrong with this kind of playing though as long as you can still balance it with regular life. There is a lot of worse things in the world people can be doing than playing a video game. It helps financially because when I'm spending this much of my free time doing 1 thing there is little time to spend money on other stuff. Also, I find to a small degree that it helps me with math skills; I'm not entirely sure why, but if I've been playing a bit of civ 5 in a week I usually find I'm better at basic math, I don't know if this is just me though but I've definitely noted the improvements. It even has other educational benefits, like learning the names of leaders and wonders etc. I've googled all the leaders and wonders in the game and wouldn't have if I wasn't into it.

I've played just over 300 hours.

But guys, let's not fool ourselves: this forum is called CivFANATICS for a reason - it's for fanatics! Just because most people around here are as addicted as you are, doesn't make it any less worrying.

Case in point: Guess what percentage of gamers has the "won a game on Deity" achievement according to Steam?

Answer: 0.1%!

If you based your answer purely on this forum, you'd have probably said more like 30%.

It's a question of perception! If you post regularly on this forum, you're a freak! And you should consider very seriously whether you couldn't have done something far more productive with your time. I know that I have... (thought about it, not actually done anything more productive - lol!)

I've logged up 800 hours (though a lot of that will be just sitting on the log-in screen). I love the game and have play it since the first edition in 1991. I like this new version - very different play style from the previous, I miss religion and having spy's to visit cities though.

I've done about 145 achievements only... and yes I've won on diety, last game was fun - I had 3 cities when I won, the AI had about 30 and was nuking the crap out of me :). Still my culture won through in the end :)

I've only got 116.

1230 hours, I am 4 hours ahead of you - quick go play some and you can catch up :p I warn you that I am seriously considering starting a game tonight before I go to sleep so your window of opportunity is closing fast.

LOL we seem to be creatures of similar habits... you'll need to start that game, or I'll catch up!

1510 ....this year also started on a Tuesday and today is Tuesday. I'm amazed everyday at the realism found in this game. ;-)

204 hours. I haven't played in months. Just waiting for an expansion to make turn the game from an amusing time passer, to an addiction. Like bts did to civ4 for me.

635; but it's probably counting times in which I minimized Civ V to keep the music playing while doing something else.

602 apparently. But I never play atm. It's just too damn boring. It's the same thing every time, and unsatisfying every time.

I have 872 hours (since last September) I'm a long time GalcivII and Sins of a Solar Empire player, which has had most of my time for the last 3 or 4 years.

I have logged close to 1,100 hours of ciV now and can admit that I'm a Civaholic. I was wondering what the current record is for most hours logged.

I would also like to suggest an achievement: "I have no life" - play over 1,000 hours of civilization.

Supplemental achievement "Seriously?!!? You and I are done!" - submit a video to steam of your girlfriend discovering the previous achievement.

you arent the only one without a life.. hehe about a million or more other people are addicted

Top Bottom