I just realized I passed the 500 hour mark...

It seems the heaviest users are on multiplayer... for example a guy I play often has 4272.5 hours! :aargh: That is right, over four thousand hours. I won't post here mine :scared: (but less than 4,000.)

My hours didn't really take off until I discovered multi-player, which I tried after beating deity over and over. I do understand that a lot of deity-destroyers here don't like the video game element to MP, sometimes I don't like it. Yeserday my team won a 5+ hour 3vs3 league game where all 6 players had Iroquois (so nobody had iron problems) and it went to infantry with non-stop combat... I was so frazzled my teammates were yelling at me to snap-out-of-it on teamspeak :wallbash: (yes we conference call these games to plan and coordinate attacks.) 3vs3 war in real-time is so mind-blowingly intense that I put SP on the back-burner... I didn't even get all of the Korea scenario achievements, the AI is so freaking boring now.)

~700 for me. I joke that this is the only game that I have so much play time logged that I have difficulty beating past standard difficulty. >.<

At 482 hours, I seem to be a lightweight. Recently switched from king to emperor and have 3 wins on it so far (diplo and tech), looking to try a few more different map types and win styles before even considering going to the next level.

I find domination victories to be the most difficult, in fact I rarely even try them - but I usually play continents so getting one very early doesn't seem easy.

I think I have spent more hours refreshing the homepage here at Civfanatics, waiting on news of an expansion, than actually playing the game!

425 hours here - seemed like a lot until I considered that my WoW /played was almost 10x that.

I had purchased the game in September of last year, having never played civilization before I racked up 280 hours in 16 days. Given some of that time was away from the keyboard, I would guess 20 hours were wasted. I promptly uninstalled the game and waited a month to play again and have since gained 100 more bringing me to 381 hours. My friends have told me civilization 4 is a much more diverse and challenging game but I refuse to play it for the risk of losing what social life I have.

However, most of that time is spent working in modbuddy with the game minimized. :think:

I'm comfortable with the time investment since game programming is my career, and I'm doing something productive with the civup/vem project. :)

However, much of that time is spent working in modbuddy with the game minimized. :think:

yeah, I know what you mean, 1937 hours, I don't remember when was the last time I've played a complete game, and I'm sure that half of those hours where spend waiting for the game to reload to test another code change for a mod or the other... :D

Im almost at 1,100, but to be fair, sometimes Ill play it while watching sports/movies, so its not pure playing.

And yes I know that admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

2518 here, and almost 90 on my son's account.

I am on turn 2213 on an epic game on a huge map. The score is over 10,300. It takes about 3 minutes between turns. There are only units garrisoned in almost 150 total cities. There are about 20 aircraft and about that many workers and naval units. That means most of the time is just waiting on the computer itself, but I do play all the time it seems.

Climbing towards 1300 hrs and no awaytime really, when I play I play, if not civ something else.

Unfortunately, only 30 odd games finished though, I love the starts up to medieval, then...new game most of the time.

46 hours...I started playing Minecraft around the same time CiV was released and the former won me out :p

It's a struggle for me just to make it through a game: I think I've only "beaten" one game so far, I tend to bail after 150 turns or so...tech advancement just isn't the same as it was in Civ4, so I don't feel like I have a whole lot to look forward to or plan for.

And I played some off line.
And I played at my brother in law computer (at least 100).
And I am not programmer :blush:

Top Bottom