I made a chart of all wonders in all Civ games

Svip

Warlord
Why? Because I was bored, that's why.

Gaze at my HTML horror!

I tell you, that information was harder to gather and compile than I thought. It's unfinished, that's why you still see the '(CIVXERA?)' here and there. They are mainly keywords for me.

Please inform me of any error. Note: I regard a bonus as a special ability, Notre Dame giving +10 Happiness in Civilization V is not a special ability in this regard, hence why it says None.

Why? Because I was bored, that's why.

Gaze at my HTML horror!

I tell you, that information was harder to gather and compile than I thought. It's unfinished, that's why you still see the '(CIVXERA?)' here and there. They are mainly keywords for me.

Please inform me of any error. Note: I regard a bonus as a special ability, Notre Dame giving +10 Happiness in Civilization V is not a special ability in this regard, hence why it says None.

What's the point of a list that doesn't include all the abilities of a Wonder? And why is +10 happiness or +8 faith, say, not a bonus?

If the Wonders are meant to represent the same one across all incarnations of the game, Hoover Dam and Three Gorges are two separate Wonders - the former was built to dam the Colorado in the mid-20th Century, the latter proposed to dam the Yangtze in China in the 1990s, and only finally completed two weeks ago.

Gaze at my HTML horror!

:lol:

As advice: Don't make the techs separate columns, but put it with a smaller font size in the bonus column. If you do that, you might be able to squeeze all columns on the screen, which would definitely improve the overview :).

I still can't get over Women's Suffrage being a world wonder. :lol:

What's the point of a list that doesn't include all the abilities of a Wonder? And why is +10 happiness or +8 faith, say, not a bonus?

But it's not an unique ability, +10 happiness is just 2.5 Theatre. Sure it's nice and that's why you build it, but I am mostly interested in game altering abilities, that is beyond that a regular building bonus gives.

If the Wonders are meant to represent the same one across all incarnations of the game, Hoover Dam and Three Gorges are two separate Wonders - the former was built to dam the Colorado in the mid-20th Century, the latter proposed to dam the Yangtze in China in the 1990s, and only finally completed two weeks ago.

I am well aware that the Hoover Dam and Three Gorges Dam are two separate entities. But they are so similar in purpose and nature that I described them as the same thing. In short; I doubt the Hoover Dam and Three Gorges Dam could exist in the same Civilization game. I am also considering combining Darwin's Voyage and Theory of Evolution for this reason.

:lol:

As advice: Don't make the techs separate columns, but put it with a smaller font size in the bonus column. If you do that, you might be able to squeeze all columns on the screen, which would definitely improve the overview :).

I am working on a fashion to hide them entirely. They are all identitied by the same CSS-class.

Some of the stuff from the older civs is sure better suited as project, but since that concept first appeared in Civ4, the implementation as world wonder is the best they could do :).

I included what the game described as a World Wonder, so yeah. I also included the technology with era names to give people an ability to reflect on the former technology requirements, and the name of the eras in each game. I like that Civ1 had 3 eras and Civ2 had 4. Although, for the life of me, I could not figure out what the eras were called in Civ2. I used the only description for the eras I could find in the manual.

Nice work! It's interesting to me, who started only with Civ IV, how few wonders are common to all games.

Thank you.

I updated the chart to include the Eras from Civ4. I am considering combining Civ5 and Civ5:GK, but so they appear in one column, while still maintaining differences, for when they are.

I am also trying to figure out how to make the wonder column and header always appear, even when you move the table around.

Update: I now did combine Civ5, with comments for changes between the original and the expansion like with Civ3 and Civ4. I am still reflecting on whether I should include the hefty shield bonuses from wonders in Civ5 that otherwise have no effect.

I am well aware that the Hoover Dam and Three Gorges Dam are two separate entities. But they are so similar in purpose and nature that I described them as the same thing. In short; I doubt the Hoover Dam and Three Gorges Dam could exist in the same Civilization game. I am also considering combining Darwin's Voyage and Theory of Evolution for this reason.

Could also combine space elevator and hubble's

Interesting.

One error though: the Space Elevator was not required for a Space Race victory, as the chart says.

Interesting.

One error though: the Space Elevator was not required for a Space Race victory, as the chart says.

Fixed that, thank you. I also updated it significantly so that now each technology appears alone, and you have to hover over the technology to see the era it belongs to in the game. It cleaned up a lot of visual clutter.

I have not yet combined the Space Elevator and the Hubble Telescope, because I am sort of on the fence. The Hoover Dam and Three Gorges Dam are obviously existing works, but also similar in work. Same goes for Darwin's Voyage and Theory of Evolution (in fact, you can argue it is just two names for the same thing).

But the Hubble Telescope is an actual telescope, while the Space Elevator is more of an idea or concept. And that is currently what's bothering me enough to be on the fence, because other than that, they are sort of the same (at least game-wise).

Looks better now, but it would still be better if all columns were direclty visible.

I agree. I have no updated the site with some JavaScript, that removes the additional detail fields. Where it says 'Toggle detail level', you can toggle between these two states. Per default (now), the less-detailed view is enabled.

Of course, this requires JavaScript to be enabled.

What maybe about a separate list, which just shows present/absent?

I am not sure what you mean with 'present/absent'? You mean just a list of wonders for Civilization V, including those not appearing in it?

More or less, just a list of which is in, and which not.
But your toggling function does it already very good :goodjob:, so no real need for it.

At least now it is more visible appealing. I also spent some time fixing some of the descriptions.

And now I added colours.

Top Bottom