I might have to get rid of my computer ...

yeah Id never heard of that place.

ah...well, then that sucks. Alot of online places like tigerdirect have kits and such too.

Does this rental place have a purchase option? And would previous rent payments apply? Then
all you might have to do is get a new graphics card.

Does this rental place have a purchase option? And would previous rent payments apply? Then
all you might have to do is get a new graphics card.

Yeah it does. But I dont know how much that is.

Good idea to get rid of it. It's Vista.

Actully Vista isn't that bad. I like 7 better but before microsoft came out with 7 they worked out most of the bugs with vista. My friend has had vista for years now and never had a problem and my last computer had vista and its problems were hardware/malware related, not vista

Yeah. Ive only had a few serious issues. Once got a blue screen of death due to overheating, and then I later got a random BSOD due to some driver issue when plugging in an external hard drive but that cleared itself up. Other than that just minor issues, e.g. DVD drive speed etc.

On XP, I kept having to reinstall the dang video driver every month as it would either crash or go glitchy. Other issues too.

Now my moms flipping out. She wants me to trade in my computer for something thats not even half the specs! Shes claiming theres NO DIFFERENCE. I call bull.

Shes under the impression that integrated graphics are better than what I have...

Now my moms flipping out. She wants me to trade in my computer for something thats not even half the specs! Shes claiming theres NO DIFFERENCE. I call bull.

Shes under the impression that integrated graphics are better than what I have...

.... She basically tricked me into going out there. She told me that she saw something Petty at a store in town but instead dragged me into the stupid new store. The only computer even worth looking at only have a single-core processor, an even worse graphics card than mine (It was the only one in the store that didn't have stupid on-board graphics) and a fricking tiny case that you probably couldn't even fit a jelly bean in with the rest of it. But I couldnt tell because I wasnt allowed to open it up because it would void the Dell warranty.

From what I understand Dell has pretty shoddy customer support.

The only thing on the damn thing that was better than mine was a bigger hard drive. But come on.

I tried to tell her its not worth the amount she would supposedly save. "BUT ITS CHEAPER!!!!!!!" Goddammit. And I just realized that technically the computers in her name so god knows if she would randomly swap it out on me when Im not home one of these days.

EDIT: Now shes really flipping out, calling me all sorts of names and saying that I ought to die. :(

Except that I own the mouse and keyboard.

Is there a way to lock it that won't reset itself on reboot? And is not too easy to figure out?

EDIT: I found a mistake in my moms math and it turns out she overestimated and underestimated some stuff. Anyways I dont have to worry now. I guess money speaks.

dell doesnt have customer service. They have an indian frustration logistics center.

I would only ever buy a dell if a gun was put to my head.

dell doesnt have customer service. They have an indian frustration logistics center.

Clark Howard always calls Customer Service, "Customer No-Service".

This is no different for any other mainstream laptop manufacturer. I have had no issues with Dell's business support, nor with the small business laptop range.

I do customer self-service.

This is no different for any other mainstream laptop manufacturer. I have had no issues with Dell's business support, nor with the small business laptop range.

Hi, I own a Dell Workstation with Maximum Warranty and I called then got verbally abused, I now refuse to buy anything Dell

Ive heard of this lovely thing called an EECB that can work quite well for that.

Ive heard of this lovely thing called an EECB that can work quite well for that.

ah, the fight jackasses with a thermonuclear media bomb idea. could of would of should of three years ago

Top Bottom