I so hate some things in this game....

The upgrade costs are probably somewhat necessary, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I think it would probably be an improvement if the AI had to pay slightly more to upgrade, so that maybe they could only upgrade about half their units immediatly and would have to go to 0% research for a few turns if they wanted to upgrade the rest. Instead of just letting them upgrade units basically for free, Firaxis should be able to work with the AI until it can weigh the costs and benefits of losing research for a few turns to upgrade.

Just as well he didn't get gunships first :lol: .

But seriously just because you had a bad game doesn't make Civ4 a bad game.

The upgrade costs are probably somewhat necessary, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I think it would probably be an improvement if the AI had to pay slightly more to upgrade, so that maybe they could only upgrade about half their units immediatly and would have to go to 0% research for a few turns if they wanted to upgrade the rest. Instead of just letting them upgrade units basically for free, Firaxis should be able to work with the AI until it can weigh the costs and benefits of losing research for a few turns to upgrade.

Yeah, this is definitely something I'd like to see fixed. I hate having a slight tech lead over the AI and working for a while to get a decent-sized cavalry force, only to have the AI discover the same tech a few turns into my war and then instantly upgrade the bulk of their army.

Top Bottom