Ideas For a UU Like a Fast Settler

You don't need stone and marble in the BFC (which is unusual) to get stone and marble, both can often be hooked up.
true, but having them in the BFC is the strongest. it is often too late to start on a early wonder (which ofcourse are the most useful) waiting for the city to hook resource up which might me too far too.

The Industrious trait does not guarantee wonders. The only wonder that is available at the start of the game (and only for some civs) is Stonehenge. The rest require that their corresponding techs be researched first to unlock them. So far, so obvious.
true, but industrious reduce the time required for a wonder, and an efficient player can make some nice leverage out of it.
Ergo, an economic advantage like Financial or Organised (or BFC gems) is arguably better for winning the race for wonders since you can get to the techs first and get a headstart on your rivals. Industrious won't do you any good if Liz is ten techs ahead of you and has built all the wonders before you can even start any of them.
now that's not true :p. a typical wonderspam game focuses heavily on early wonders.
you can get those techs easily and later leverage it to GET A TECH LEAD.
also i said before , it is effective only with single player against AI game.
where elizabeth can be handled quite easily:trouble:
The point of this longwinded post is: Industrious guarantees nothing. It helps, sure, but a tech lead or controlling key resources are both much more significant. So there is no way that IND + PHI can be stronger than some of the better trait combos. ;)

it can't be stronger in multiplayer but single player i believe , it definitely is.
BTW why isn't obsolete helping me out here?:lol:

This gave me a cool idea. How about an Assassin civ? It could have an Assassin UU that replaces spies and gets a discount on missions, like say 25%. And it could have a Courthouse UB that generates extra espionage points. It would probably be way overpowered if you know how to use it but really fun.
Along these lines...maybe an "assassin" unit could be a replacement for the spy. It would be invisible, but have the ability to attack enemy units. And maybe a high withdrawal chance.

That assassin would be pretty powerful, especially if it could attack without war! If it was a combat unit you'd have to decide what unit type it was in so it could get promos. Maybe better as a stealth swordsman or something rather than spy replacement.

This brings back memories of the assassin bug in one of the civ 3 conquests. Only units of 1 civ could be on a tile at a time, assassins were invisible ... wars could get started by moving onto a tile with an invisible unit. A person had to cover his own invisible units with a visible one.

Top Bottom